Did you mean: 

HD video

Listener

Hey

At this link:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/207347086-Using-Group-HD-video

It says:
"

Note: As our world comes together to slow the spread of COVID-19 and stays connected through Zoom globally, we are working to quickly scale our bandwidth during this unprecedented demand.

For the time being, standard video, not HD video, will be activated when 3 or more participants join a group meeting. HD video (720p) will be activated for 2 participants or when a Zoom Room or Conference Room Connector joins a group meeting. HD video (1080p) will only be activated for selective use cases such as large-format broadcast events. "

So if you have a payed account and you are more than 3 people, you wont get/send HD video?

Best regards

Lars

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

That is the way it was during the height of Covid. Today, we'll assume that you have a pro account, you can easily submit a support ticket requesting that they enable 720 HD, and they will make that happen. 1080 HD is offered for Business and Enterprise accounts.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ZoomTestKitchen

That is the way it was during the height of Covid. Today, we'll assume that you have a pro account, you can easily submit a support ticket requesting that they enable 720 HD, and they will make that happen. 1080 HD is offered for Business and Enterprise accounts.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

healyalyssa
Listener

Note: In order to manage the increased demand due to COVID-19 and ensure everyone stays connected through Zoom, we are working on expanding our bandwidth quickly.

Currently, when a group meeting has 3 or more participants, the video quality will be standard definition (SD) and not high definition (HD). HD video (720p) will be enabled when there are 2 participants in a meeting or when a Zoom Room or Conference Room Connector joins a group meeting. HD video (1080p) will only be activated for specific use cases, such as large-scale broadcast events.

So you won't get or send HD video if you have a paid subscription and there are more than 8 of you?

Thanks for my best regards.....

Ellenpilates
Listener

I am having an issue with zoom as follows:  After the last update, I now only have a close up view of myself and my room when I open a meeting (no matter how many people are in it).  for a while I was able to see my entire room but now I cannot.  do I need to upgrade to business? It won't even allow me to click on HD....I have tried reaching out to zoom in chat (with no  real solution) as well as calling being placed on hold only to then get a message that zoom was closed (on Friday morning) for the weekend...very frustrating and I would love some help