What's New at Zoom? Join our upcoming webinar to get a first-hand look into some of our exciting new product and feature releases.

Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Microphone stops working with every room switch

KdMacD
Listener

I am using a Yeti Pro USB microphone from Yeti.  

Up until about 2 months ago, it would work seamlessly with Zoom.

More recently, every time I enter a new room (e.g. the main room upon first joining a meeting, or any breakout room or return to the main room, thereafter), my audio completely stops working.

To fix it, I am forced to go into my audio settings, select a different microphone (I select "Built In Microphone) and speaker (I select Built-In Output), and then instantly select back to my Yeti.  It is very cumbersome and happens with every room change.

Anyone know the cause of this issue, and, more importantly, a fix?

I am operating on the latest version of Zoom (and keep it updated religiously).

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

jeremyjustin
Community Champion

Hi @KdMacD thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I wanted to let you know that we are tracking this issue with Yeti currently and working through what appears to be a bug on their end. There is actually an extensive thread in another Community post in case you wanted to track it: https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/Blue-Yeti-microphone-not-working-on-MacOS-Monterey/m-p/37903#...

Definitely hope this one gets resolved soon and we are doing anything we can from this side! 

I realize this hasn't been a "fix" to your issue but if this post has been helpful, please feel free to click "Accept as Solution" below, and have a nice weekend!