cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - says exceeded licenses but none assigned

OakChurch
Listener

We have an account with a Zoom One Pro license and at the moment, the license isn't assigned to anyone. It's not allowing me to assign it. When I click save after trying to add it, it says 'You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit.'.

On the main user page, it says 'You have licenses still available to users.Assign license to users or manage your license count.'.

Anyone have any ideas why it's not working? 

6 REPLIES 6

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @OakChurch and welcome to the Zoom Community! Sorry to hear you're receiving a message regarding a limit on license assignments when assigning Zoom One or Zoom Meeting licenses. This limit is based on the number of purchased licenses on your account. Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased, and you can continue assigning licenses to users. For more info, please check out the article Zoom error code: “exceeded the limit of license assignment”.

Note: Sharing meeting licenses among multiple users is a violation of Zoom’s Terms of Service section 1.2.

If your use of Zoom services requires additional licenses to comply with Zoom's single-user-per-license requirement, you can visit your Billing page on the Zoom web portal to purchase additional licenses.

Once additional licenses are purchased, the limit will be increased and you’ll be able to assign licenses to users.

I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

OakChurch
Listener

There is only one user on the account but it still won't let me assign the Zoom One Pro license to the user. Help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

martab0
Listener

Same issue. I have 1 user in Zoom account (Owner) and 1 Zoom One Pro license available. However, I get both of these messages and I cannot assign the license to user:

You have licenses still available to users. Assign license to users or  manage your license count.

You have exceeded the limit of license assignment for your account. Buy more licenses to increase the limit.

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

This generally happens when you move the licence around between users. Zoom rate limits the amount of times you can transfer a licence in a given time frame. This  seems to be to prevent people from sharing accounts (which is against the Zoom TOS) instead of buying the correct number of licences for the amount of users that are using Zoom in your organization.

Regards

martab0
Listener

Indeed, I had moved the license to my other ID and back - both actions were possible within Zoom account.

Now there is only one user in my account and I still cannot assign the license.

How can I use the license again? It's paid until June 2024.

Hello, I have a personal licence which  is for home use and only use it for family meetings so its shared by my wiofe and son depending on who will host the meeting if i am not in. This still worked yesterday so how do i resolve this?