cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate tiles appear in the Zoom rooms

sooz808
Listener

In Zoom meetings with 155+ participant tiles, 4 Zoom screens with 49 tiles/Zoom screen, we found that participant tiles on screen 3 were duplicated on screen 4 (the last page). Out of the 49 tiles on screen 4, all were duplicates from page 3 except for about 5 or 7 tiles that were placed at the end. These 5 or 7 were the latecomers.

This duplication only happened on the Zoom room screen and not on the Participant list.

Why does this happen?

Thanks much! 

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @sooz808

This is not a use case that I see very often, so we will have to work on this together to figure it out. 

I assume that you have seen this support article and understand how to set up your displays in your room settings, correct? https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/209181346 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Soozi Kawakami <***********>

Tue, Jan 10, 4:35 PM (1 day ago)

to Zoom

Hi, Brandon,
Thank you so much for this prompt reply! I very much appreciate it.
And, thank you, I did check out the link you sent. (I checked out other sites on Zoom and elsewhere without much success, so I really am grateful for your help.) I sent it to my friends who actually set up our Zoom meetings and asked if this is a possible solution. I have yet to hear from them. I will keep you posted.
Thank. you so much!
Aloha!

Hi, Brandon,  Thank you again for replying. I checked out the link you sent and, unfortunately, it didn't solve the issue. We don't use Zoom rooms. It's a meeting with people from various locations who come in with a link and passcode. As I mentioned previously, we had 155+ participants with 4 Zoom pages @ 49 participant tiles each. And on page 4, the last page, we noticed duplicates of about 42 participant tiles from the preceding page (page 3). The remaining 7 were latecomers. The issue is why these 42 participants were duplicated. We would truly appreciate any explanation. Thank you so much, Brandon! Hope to hear from you soon.

Aloha, 

soozi

YaBoiB

Hi @sooz808,  

That is difficult to answer without looking at the data. This type of issue does not happen very often, but I would say off the top of my head that our MMR server was probably at capacity and cut over the remaining 42 participants to the next server that was available but had already wrote those peoples video panels to that page so there in lies the duplicates. That is a possibility of what could have happened but without the meeting ID date and time I would be just assuming that this is a possible reason for the outcome that you experienced. 

This page is a public forum so we do not allow any identifiable information on it, so submitting a support ticket would be the best bet if you would like to know the root cause of the issue. 

Let me know if that is what you want and I can have our team create a support ticket for you. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Yes, thank you so much, Brandon! I'm in constant communication with our tech team and I will let you know what they feel is the best step forward. I am very open to addressing this with the Zoom support team and am so grateful for your assistance. Again, thank you so much and I'll get back to you soon! Aloha, soozi