cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual window freezing

Deryaus
Listener

I am having a problem when I am using Dual monitors. 

I am using a laptop and an external monitor. Just recently when the second window is open on the laptop screen the video is frozen. When I move my second window that is displaying on the external monitor to the screen the laptop is using the video freezes and it stays that way even if I move the window back to the external monitor. I can still use the chat and see participants on both monitors  but the video stays frozen

I have tried re-installing the Zoom desktop app, changing all the video settings one by one (turning all off and on again), and updated all my drivers.

Is anyone else having this problem? This just started after updating to the newest version of Zoom.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Deryaus
Listener

Okay So I was able to fix this on my computer. I am using Windows 10

I had to switch the zoom app from using my dedicated graphics to the integrated graphics used in the cpu.

Go to Settings->Display->Graphics settings. 

Deryaus_1-1689260850792.png

If the zoom app does not come up click browse you will need to know the install location of zoom. If you are unsure, you can click the desktop icon - select properties and in the box that says "target" it will have your install location. Find the file that says zoom.exe and select it.

Once the zoom comes up on this screen select it and click options.
Here you can change the settings to select which GPU it runs from. 

Deryaus_2-1689261024524.png

As seen in the image above I have selected power saving mode which selects my integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU.

If you only have an integrated graphics card, Try just selecting power saving mode. 

This seemed to fix the issue for me. let me know if this helps

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

LuciusDR
Listener

I got this exact same problem and still couldn't fix it. This is really annoying.

I have the same problem

this is stopping my business, zoom acts like its just ok to pay for their  service and they won't fix the problem 

KJJ
Listener

Same thing happened in to me for the first time last night 7/8/23 while using a projector as the second monitor, but did not happen today (7/9/23) while using a television as the second monitor. Upon opening zoom the zoom content was in my laptop screen. When I moved the zoom content to the extended second screen, my zoom video froze. Though my video and the zoom meeting generally was just fine for everyone  else in the meeting.

Each has been used without issue before, each was connected via HDMI with the same cable. So in my case, possibly something to do with the projector except that there is nothing I'm aware of that was different with the setup last night compared to previous times when I could place zoom content just fine.

hutch4re
Listener

Same problem

Deryaus
Listener

Okay So I was able to fix this on my computer. I am using Windows 10

I had to switch the zoom app from using my dedicated graphics to the integrated graphics used in the cpu.

Go to Settings->Display->Graphics settings. 

Deryaus_1-1689260850792.png

If the zoom app does not come up click browse you will need to know the install location of zoom. If you are unsure, you can click the desktop icon - select properties and in the box that says "target" it will have your install location. Find the file that says zoom.exe and select it.

Once the zoom comes up on this screen select it and click options.
Here you can change the settings to select which GPU it runs from. 

Deryaus_2-1689261024524.png

As seen in the image above I have selected power saving mode which selects my integrated graphics instead of the dedicated GPU.

If you only have an integrated graphics card, Try just selecting power saving mode. 

This seemed to fix the issue for me. let me know if this helps

I had the same problem that just started in the last few days. This solution worked for me.

Thank you.

This solution does not work for me.

does not work

This does not work

This did the trick for me, but I had to unhide View settings for the folder to find AppData first. And I had to use my High Performance option, the Power saving one didn't work.

this doesn't seem to work for me

K_Simmonds
Listener

Bumping.  It has significantly disrupted my ability to run meetings.

How has this not been fixed yet!?

Same boat.  I've implemented so many approaches, and none are working.  This has been incredibly disruptive.

I AGREE THIS IS A CONTINOUS PROBLEM, THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING ANYTHING TO RESOLVE IT. THEY EVEN SENT ME A SOLUTION FROM A USER AND NOT THEIR TECH TEAM.  

Martyo
Listener

When I followed the steps laid out by Deryaus (above) it solved my problem.

hutch4re
Listener

Stuggled with same problem with seemingly no solution. Stumbled upon Settings/Statistics/Video which showed abnormally high "Packet Loss" (generally anything above roughly 2).  Simple reboot of the router returned everything to normal. 

PTGranger
Listener

Interestingly, while no solutions have fixed the issue when I am expanding my desktop, I discovered that if I mirror my desktop, the issues doesn't exist.

So perhaps there is something there.

As someone noted, this kind of thing should not persist this long for paid accounts.  While "mirroring" is a work around for one of my scenarios, there are times I need to expand my desktop.