cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Download Zoom to D drive not C drive

Ashjem
Listener

How to download to D drive and not C drive. There does not appear  a capability to change

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Ashjem this wouldn't be a Zoom issue, this would be related to your designated destination for download on your computer. Suggest looking into this Article on How to Move Downloads Folder to Another Drive on Windows 10 or Windows 11

āŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆ
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? āž”ļø Check it out!

Ashjem
Listener

I was not clear above , I want to download the Zoom Client to the D drive and NOT C - and there appears no way to change. Unless I have misunderstood above recommendation is for any of the recordings etc. that might be downloaded after downloading Zoom as my C drive is only 64GB

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Ashjem are you wanting to download the Zoom client to another drive or specifically Zoom Meeting recordings? If needing to change the location of Zoom meeting recordings (local), suggest looking into how to view or change the default file location for local recordings. You can find your default recording location for local recordings in your Zoom client settings

āŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆāŽÆ
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

DaniMSouza
Listener

Hi I want to download the Zoom client to another drive . I dont have enough space at C: How can I change the location of Installation?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DaniMSouza you will need to change the location of where your downloads go if you do not have enough space for the installer.

Secondly, here is how to change the location of Zoom (How to Move Installed Apps & Programs in Windows 10 and 11) https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/move-installed-apps-programs-windows-10/

To set the location of your default download folder.

a)       Click on Start, then click on Computer

b)       Click on C:\ drive, and then click on Userā€™s folder.

c)       Under userā€™s folder click on your user name, then click on Downloads, right click on downloads select Properties

d)       Click on the Location Tab.

e)       Under location tab Change the location to the require drive.

f)        Click on Apply, finally click OK..

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his