cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does changing my Zoom settings apply to all meetings and all users (where I'm promoted to host)

Catoz
Listener

If I log into my Zoom browser settings and change the settings, do those setting changes apply to all Zoom meetings that I'm a host of, or only Zoom meetings that my Zoom account has created? 

I ask because I'm a Zoom host for multiple meetings that I create and meetings I haven't created (but am promoted to host). I don't want the changes in my settings to be applied toward meetings I haven't created. 

I haven't been able to find any supporting documentation on this in Zoom's knowledge base. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Catoz 

Your web Settings only affect meetings that you have created with your account. When you are passed the host role in the meeting, you only have temporary host rights in that session, and nothing about the meeting's settings are changed due to you, or anyone else, being the current host. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @Catoz 

Your web Settings only affect meetings that you have created with your account. When you are passed the host role in the meeting, you only have temporary host rights in that session, and nothing about the meeting's settings are changed due to you, or anyone else, being the current host. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

EFR
Listener

I host two regular meetings that have two separate IDs. If I change settings does it apply to both meeting IDs? Thank you!