cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display a photo rather than my name in meetings with video turned off

dwrogers
Listener

I know, total newbie question. But, I have binged and googled until I am blue in the face trying to find usable directions.

Papa Smurf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dwrogers
Listener

I think I was confused with which Zoom account was being used by a particular meeting. Now I am in the meeting and my picture is correct. Beware of multiple accounts! 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

acompton
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

You can add a profile picture in your Zoom profile.  Check out this support article for full instructions:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-profile

Bort

Hi @dwrogers 

This is simple enough. 

First, go to your Profile page on the web and upload a profile picture. 

Once that is done, as long as you join the meeting already signed-in to your account, it should display your profile picture. I'd recommend downloading and installing the desktop client, then signing in to your account to ensure you're always joining a meeting with your account. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Why must I be logged in? I can't log in before joining a session and then it's too late. Why when I join a zoom does my name come up but not my photo? It doesn't make any sense?

Hi, It doesnt work to me..     I have profile picture already uploaded but Zoom meeting only show my name on black without my profile picture.    Why?

vescamilla

Hi dwrogers,

You can add a profile picture by logging in to your Zoom web portal (https://zoom.us) and then going to Profile from the left side navigation menu. On this page, you can hover over the spot for the profile photo, click the pencil icon, and then add, change, or delete the image. You can also refer to our help center article here.

When you add an image, this will now display to meeting participants when you're in a meeting and your video is off.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please choose "Accept Solution". Thank you!

Will this work when using the web client to attend meetings? 

dwrogers
Listener

Thanks for the QUICK responses! I already have a photo in my profile!

dwrogers_0-1628797587860.png

(It looks like I have more hair than I do.)

There are some participants with photos (at meetings I attend) but most have just their name. I will try again tomorrow.

Bort

Hi @dwrogers , 

It could be that the photo has not synced to your desktop client. I'd suggest re-uploading your profile picture on the Profile page, then sign-out and back in on the desktop client. That typically forces the desktop client to pull your profile info from the web. 

can I do this on my iPad? Thanks. 

dwrogers
Listener

I think I was confused with which Zoom account was being used by a particular meeting. Now I am in the meeting and my picture is correct. Beware of multiple accounts! 

commander
Listener

Why must I be logged in? I can't log in before joining a session and then it's too late. Why when I join a zoom does my name come up but not my photo? It doesn't make any sense?

I don't understand either.  I get zoom links from other people and I just want to click on them to go to the meeting. Why would I need to first log in, then do I have to manually enter the zoom call info, seems like a lot of work. I just want my photo loaded no matter who I zoom with and I don't want to login first I may not be at my desktop or my phone and maybe somewhere else.  Any help is appreciated

Koolaid18
Listener

Is there no one that can answer this? 

Koolaid18
Listener

OK I’ve got it now. There should be an arrow that pops up while you are within the meeting that will allow you to sign in. That way if you join with a link sent by someone, if you sign in from within the meeting to Zoom, the profile photo will populate and then it should give you option to return to the meeting.