cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutting in and out despite good wifi connection

sistya
Listener

I have had issues with this for months and don't know what to do.  I will be in therapy and it will cut in and out every 5-10 seconds making it impossible actually to do therapy. I thought it was my wifi for the longest time because I would switch to my phone and use my data and it would be fine. Then I tried a speed test on my wifi because my dad is a computer programmer and works from home so he needs very high-speed internet to do his work. The speed test returned as expected very high (he pays a lot for good wifi). So then why am I having these issues I am so confused about how to fix this. 

sistya_0-1665529624376.png

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Unfortunately, it's not only about the amount of bandwidth speed. There is also network jitter that can get in the way, along with Wi-Fi itself was not originally designed to carry audio/video, it was designed to carry network packets of data. Data can arrive at its destination out of sequence, delayed, etc. and it still consider it a job well done.

Audio and video on the other hand are highly dependent on timing and order. Recommended practice for the most dependable video conference connection is to be hard-wired to your network. This isn't always convenient but it is definitely worth at least testing by running a long network cable to your router to see if it fixes the issues. 9 times out of 10 it will.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen