cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

Josiejo
Listener

Hello All, 

I use Zoom for work and have never had a problem before. I am connected to fibre wifi and although my ipad and phone take download speed readings of over 300, my laptop hovers around 45. But I have worked on less than that, so thought it would be ok. When connecting to Zoom, my clients video is really laggy and their sound is broken. It's super stressful.

I've zoomed myself using another laptop and the same thing happens. So I don't think my device is the problem.

I've tried connecting to the box with an ethernet cable and that doesn't seem to make a difference either.

I'm at a loss.  It's almost impossible to host a meeting with my clients and to screen share content. 

Any ideas what I can do to help the situation?

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Josiejo 

What type of laptop do you have - Windows or Mac? Do know its specification, or approximate age?

Does this problem seem to happen more when you (or someone) is Screen Sharing?

You say you have zoomed yourself using another laptop. Have you zoomed anyone else with that other laptop?

Do you have other large demands on your internet connection - like streaming, or other people on Zoom?

Do you have 45 upload and download from your laptop  and 300 upload and download from your phones? With things like Zoom, upload speeds are equally as important as download speeds - sometimes more so.

Have you tried rebooting your internet router and/or modem.

Is your Zoom client up-to-date?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362233-Upgrade-update-to-the-latest-version

Im experiencing the same thing. I have updated my zoom and asked my clients to update their and they did. I restarted the router.

I have also tested from both windows and iMac and i see the same thing. My internet is specifically and singly connected to the iMac or the laptop im using. It is outside the firewalls and traffic shaping policies but the videos are still laggy. From any other platforms, the videos are smooth with no issues.