cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cohosts increase bandwidth?

Trolleybus
Listener

I attend a regular meeting that focuses on using sharing experiences when using Zoom for hybrid meetings. It's received wisdom in the group that adding co-hosts to a meeting (i.e. assigning co-host to people already in the meeting) increases the bandwidth requirements. This sounds unlikely to me, but can anyone provide an authoritative answer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I am not aware of any increase in bandwidth usage when a co-host is assigned to a meeting. Co-hosts only have elevated meeting controls, so there should be no affect to the bandwidth used on your end. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

I am not aware of any increase in bandwidth usage when a co-host is assigned to a meeting. Co-hosts only have elevated meeting controls, so there should be no affect to the bandwidth used on your end. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you. That's rather what I thought.

I'm the OP but have changed my Zoom owner's email address and cannot now mark this as accepted as I can no longer log in to the account I posted with.

loloboy57
Listener

I was wondering if bandwidth usage increases if you become the host of the meeting. I notice that happening when claiming host. It's more so when on a handheld device (Android, iOS etc...)?