cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloud Recording Did Not Record Co Host Video

BVBG
Listener

We were recording a hybrid meeting with a host, co-host, virtual attendees, and a live in-person audience where the speakers were located.

Sound/audio was run through the host laptop. Video was run through the co-host laptop.

We recorded the meeting to the cloud. Host was un-muted, video off. Co-host had video on, audio muted/off.

However - the recording recorded no video. Just a black screen with the name of the host. You could hear the speakers perfectly! But no video at all. Shouldn't it have at least showed the video of the co-host? This was incredibly frustrating, and has made us thought about not continuing with Zoom for our meeting needs.

In the future, we need to do the same set-up......host and co-host, with host being the vector for audio and the co-host being utilized for  video, and have it record both. Is there a setting we missed? We would prefer the co-host to have their video as the main/primary screen in the recording.

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @BVBG.

Please provide a screen shot of your Cloud Recording settings. Here’s mine:

Ray_Harwood_0-1689551907356.png

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

BVBG_0-1689562558669.png

Ray_Harwood

Thanks, @BVBG.

I'd recommend enabling the "Optimize recording for 3rd party editor" option, and making a couple of test recordings.  I've found this optimization tends to solve the occasional problem like yours.  It's possible there is an incompatibility between the "standard codec" and whatever codec is installed in the playback software you use, and the "optimized codec" seems to be "more compatible." 

No promises... but there's a good chance it'll work.

I'm assuming you know the various MP4 files that are produced, and you've looked at ALL of them.

Hi Ray, thanks so much for trying to help with this! We actually did have this checked at the time of our meeting. I unchecked it afterwards, when I was researching the "how to" sheets on how to solve it.

Ray_Harwood

Was this a one time occurrence, or is it always/still happening?

willjoe2442
Participant

How to enable cloud recordings for scheduled meetings in Zoom Rooms
Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
Click Account Management then click Account Settings.
Click the Recording tab and find the Cloud Recording option.
Verify that the setting is enabled.
If the setting is disabled then click the toggle then click Enable.

Regards,

Diana