cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Church service - Audio cuts out when piano starts to play

SPUC
Listener

Today our service was broadcasting fine but when the music (piano) started the audio cut out and was mostly off or garbled until the music stopped. speaking was 100% good. Today Feb 19, 2023 is the first time this has happened. we decreased output volume and muted piano mic but nothing seemed to help. Any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12

BB_Churches
Listener

We had exactly the same thing starting last Sunday, we couldn't hear the organ or singing, but the spoken word was fine.

SPUC
Listener

On main window under settings (top right icon) in Audio try setting studio music to on.  We are going to test this on Wednesday.

I know how to turn it on and off.  I just have to turn it ON for music and OFF for talking.  Would be nice if it worked for both clearly.  Zoom appears to only be concerned about prioritizing voice/speech over music.

BB_Churches
Listener

We used the audio setting "Original sound for musicians" which resolved this for us.

It hasn't resolved it for us - the organ drops out - it is quite loud.

halgbrown
Listener

Exactly the same problem at our church in Ocala, Fl.   Piano and Choir sound is broken-up or silent.  Spoken word is very clear.   Have spent several hundreds of dollars and several days trying to resolve.  Very, very frustrating and seems connected to Zoom updates.   Replaced sound card, wires from mixer, etc.  Adjusted audio settings as per suggestions in this forum.   Very close to abandoning the "Zoom" service and platform entirely.  

If you can, try hosting Zoom on a Windows 10 machine. We couldn't hear more that the first note of our beautiful organ before it was filtered out. Now on my old Windows 10 machine, we hear a wonderful mix of choir, organ, and sometimes even mixing in prerecorded hymns. 

FinnEnglish
Listener

I'm having the same issues, not on my end but with two students both of whom use Mac so it seems to be an issue with the onboard mic which is having the audio processed by Apple iOS and so the Zoom settings are useless. Either the students need to go into settings and change some things around (annoying and faffy) or Zoom can change the way it takes in the audio from the mic - i.e. without any audio processing. Seems like it's an issue that Zoom has caused, given it was working largely fine before recent updates.... 

SarahMills
Listener

Our church went hybrid last fall. We bought a new Windows 11 computer. Live music cut out after a tiny blip of sound. I've tried every combination of settings with frustration and failure. Then I stumbled on a reply buried in one of these posts that saved our live music. I am now happy hosting Zoom on my old Windows 10. Today I was able for 3 weeks in a row to have a live hymn combining a pre-recorded mp3, a musician singing and playing guitar, and the folks in the room singing along. 

SUCCESS!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @SarahMills.

Thank you for for feedback. If you remember which reply helped you, could you copy the URL for it and paste here?  That would help others possibly find the same solution you found helpful. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

DAVEVT
Listener

Similar problem for us. Speaking comes through clearly, but when a live song is played, all sound cuts out, until speaker's voice only is heard. Apparently, we had this problem with Windows 10 as well. We had to get a new computer, as the older one died. This is very frustrating, as we have tried the Zoom suggestions, and adjustments.