cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change or sign-out of Zoom account in Google Calendar

ericinco
Listener

I have a personal Zoom account and a company Zoom account as well as a personal and company Google Workspace.  I mistakenly connected my personal Zoom account to my company Google Workspace Calendar.  

When scheduling a calendar event in Google calendar, the Meeting host: shows my personal email address and the meeting ID is the one with my free personal Zoom account.  Signing out of all devices in Zoom doesn't do anything.  I cannot remove the Zoom for GSuite add-on, but I did remove the Zoom extension from Chrome.

Where can I sign-out of Zoom's "Zoom for GSuite add-on"  and remove that authorization?

6 REPLIES 6

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @ericinco 

Can you try signing out under your Zoom profile -> Calendar and contacts integration and then integrate with the work calendar.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

ericinco
Listener

@sachinzoom  - thanks for replying.  I checked on both my personal and company email zoom accounts and found that my personal zoom account had no integrations setup, my company zoom account did have email/calendar integration setup.  I deleted the integration, signed out of my Google Workspace, signed back into my Google Workspace, added the Google integration in Zoom (via Zoom.com profile).   Still, when I create a meeting, the Meeting Host is my personal Zoom.

I thought it might be tied to my browser (extension maybe?) which is usually Chrome, so I swapped to Safari and signed into Google Workspace - same behavior. 

Just so we are on the same page, this is where my allegedly non-connected Zoom account is showing up as the meeting host.

sachinzoom

Hi @ericinco 

In your google chrome extension, Did you ensure you are signed into the workplace account ?

sachinzoom_0-1679526969260.png

sachinzoom_1-1679526996062.png

click on details and make sure your workplace account is signed in

Hope that helps

sachinzoom

Also, make sure you are signed into the right google calendar account when scheduling meetings

ericinco
Listener

@sachinzoom - thanks so much for taking the time to help!  

I thought that the Zoom Chrome extension might be the culprit so I removed it from Chrome.  I have a separate "profile" in Chrome to separate work vs. personal so my personal Zoom / Gmail is only signed in on one profile, and my work Zoom / Google Workspace.  

When I removed the Zoom Scheduler chrome extension, the "Zoom meeting" was still visible when creating a calendar event in Google Workspace.  Swapping to Safari which I don't ever use and signing in to Google Workspace with company account, the "Zoom meeting" was visible when creating a calendar event. 

I reinstalled the Chrome Zoom Extension and visited "Zoom Extension Settings".  It has the correct Personal Meeting ID for my company Zoom.

I don't think this is tied to the Chrome extension. 

When creating a calendar event, "Zoom for G Suite Add-on" is what appears to be facilitating the Zoom meeting creation.  

What I suspect happened is that I was signed into my personal Zoom account and I configured the Zoom for G Suite (now Workspaces) add-on in my company Gmail.  A token was granted and now I have no way to remove it.  Is there a way to deactivate the granted token?  

It's mildly concerning that I have no visibility in my personal Zoom account into an external service that is granted access to create meetings.

Where do I log-out or configure my Zoom for G Suite Add-on - or - where do I see in my Zoom account what external applications have access and how do I revoke that access? 

Hey @ericinco,
I had the same issue and I guess I managed to solve it! From the Account settings (in the browser, not the app) I navigated to Advanced > App Marketplace (basically landing on https://marketplace.zoom.us/).

From there I clicked on Manage (upper right corner, next to the profile pic), then App on Account (down on the left menu), this lead me to https://marketplace.zoom.us/user/dashboard/installed-apps from which I could see which apps are installed and have access to my account or can act on my behalf.

From there I was able to inspect or eventually disable specific apps (in our case Google Workspace) for the calendar integration.

Hope it helps,

Enzo