cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot copy from webinar chats

AJones_1
Listener

Recently (since 2023ish) I noticed I had not had the ability to copy and paste chat text from a webinar. As a Host or Co-Host, I could do this previously, but now it no longer allows me to copy from a webinar chat- even as a Host or Co-Host. I have checked my setting based on recommendations in prior posts with this issue and all my settings should allow me to copy from webinar chats. I was never nor currently the webinar creator, just a host. Is this a glitch or has Zoom changed something?

14 REPLIES 14

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @AJones_1 have you updated your Zoom client anytime recently? Suggest updating if you haven't, but I am able to copy messages (as host) from the Webinar Chat. 🤔

Backstage

In Webinar

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

‎2023-01-19 11:20 AM

After updating w/ the latest version I, along with two other colleagues, had this same issue. We were only able to DELETE and did not, and still do not, have the capability to COPY and paste chat messages.  I was set as co-host. Ironically, I started a meeting w/ my Zoom account and was able to copy/paste and quote. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Drejallen what operating system are you using Windows, Mac, Linux, ChromeOS, etc.? Could you also try to change the "Prevent participants from saving chat" setting being enabled in the Zoom meeting host's settings.

More info in Saving in-meeting chat 

Under the (enabled) Chat setting, if the Allow users to save chats from the meeting check box is deselected, this prevents all meeting participants, including the host, from saving the chat transcript. 

Under the (enabled) Chat setting, if the Allow users to save chats from the meeting check box is deselected, this prevents all meeting participants, including the host, from saving the chat transcript. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I was using a MAC while my colleagues were on a Windows OS. We were all designated co-hosts of the meeting if that is pertinent information. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@Drejallen see my previous reply, sorry, edited it with additional info on the in-meeting chat. 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks. I will check those settings. 🙂 

Note: Saving the chat was not an issue, as we save it for record-keeping; it was the copy/paste feature with chat and broadcasting.  

I have and am running the more current version. I do not get the copy option with the 3 dots.  

I also have the following webinar settings for webinar chats. Which are pretty much what they were. before.

Snag_54c4c18.png

PY_in_Tokyo
Listener

I am the host on my ZoomPro account, with the latest version, on my iMac. Lately, cannot copy and paste from a Zoom webinar beyond one person and one <three dots> copy at a time. Group copy and paste, which is absolutely necessary to my work, is impossible. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG. I checked my Chat features and everything is normal and should work.

Hey @PY_in_Tokyo apologies for the delay in response here! Can you please share with me the current Zoom version you're currently running? I've been scheduling test webinar's on macOS, and am able to still copy in-meeting chats on both mobile and desktop, with the roles of a participant and host. 

@PY_in_Tokyo @AJones_1 @Drejallen can you all ensure that the following settings are enabled as well from the Account management level https://zoom.us/account/setting

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 11.05.39 AM.png

and your profile settings level (differs from the account management settings) https://zoom.us/profile/setting

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 11.05.58 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

I have the settings above and this is the version I have been running since the update came out. 

Snag_7d37aa.png

PY_in_Tokyo
Listener

Why am I not receiving any response and help to my dilemma here?

😧

PY_in_Tokyo
Listener

AJones_1, I checked my Webinar chat settings in Account, and it looks good. Attendees can chat with everyone, New meeting chat experiences are all clicked on.
My ZoomPro version is the latest:

Version:  5.12.9 (13190)

Account Number   1196879 
I am completely flummoxed. Still cannot copy from the Chat more than the user name, and then just the one comment covered by the three dots to the right . . .

Surely I am not the only one with this problem. What is the answer?

/PY_in_Tokyo   24jan2023

Hi @PY_in_Tokyo you state your Zoom version is 5.12.9, as the latest version of Zoom is 

5.13.6 (14918). Suggest trying to update and let me know if the webinar copying chat functionality is there. Here are the Release notes on 5.13.6

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his