cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see other peoples video in meeting - extreme packet loss on Receive Video statistics

MLH
Listener

Hello

I have been using Zoom successfully for the last 18 months at home.

2 days ago I started having the problem where all other people are a black screen.  I can see myself but can't see others (when their video is turned on).

This is the same problem across different devices (mac, android, PC)

Same problem with different meetings in different parts of the country

This is the same problem is wired or wireless.

Same problem if I log in using different accounts.

The statistics page shows severe packet loss on the Video -> Receive side (like 80% to 99%). See screenshot

All my other programs such as Netflix function fine

Speed tests are fine.

Of note however is: the problem goes away when I don't go through my router at home. I tested tethering to my mobile phone hotspot and the problem is resolved (albeit a very slow connection given the nature of my mobile reception).

I have updated the firmware in my router and tested with my ISP to check if there is problem with my actual internet connection. All ok from what they can see.

Would value anyone's feedback and potential workarounds.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MLH, I believe our Support team will be able to help you with this one as they have the proper tools to analyze and find the issue. We have converted your Zoom Community discussion into a support request #13314212

Our system will continue to update you on the status of your ticket via email.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MLH, I believe our Support team will be able to help you with this one as they have the proper tools to analyze and find the issue. We have converted your Zoom Community discussion into a support request #13314212

Our system will continue to update you on the status of your ticket via email.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi there, I have exactly the same issue, can you help me fix it?

Hi there

from memory I believe the situation was fixed by me updating both the zoom app at the time and also updating the firmware on my modem. I hope this helps. 

MLH
Listener

Hello @RN thank you for the follow up. I managed to fix it yesterday by updating the firmware on my modem which was about 3 years old. It does not however explain why the error occurred seemingly spontaneously as I have been using the same modem for the last 3 years and zoom was working well until last week.

catladyfromuk
Listener

Hi there! I am having the same issue where it suddenly happened without me doing anything before, the participant's video is all black and I cannot see them, but they can see me and I can see their screen share, I tried to update zoom client app to the latest and tried to re-install the app, but none of that fix the issue. What should I do?

BeeGeeinNH
Listener

I am having the exact same issue! People can see me only when I am the host.

Zupertech
Listener

My brother just had this problem. After signing in and seeing a black screen from me, I did a quick assist on Windows with him. While surfing for problems I clicked on the Windows Start button, paused, and my video showed up. Weird. We repeated this many times to make sure it worked. This causes a momentary interrupt in the CPU but shouldn't be a fix. It's a zoom software issue. If this works for you for now, at least its a work around. PS  the quick assist is not part of the solution, just try clicking on the Windows Start button after connecting to zoom.