cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't launch meetings or webinars

LisaSp
Attendee

I used to be able to click a link in the calendar invitation, and then click Launch Meeting on the browser page that displays to launch my Zoom desktop app and launch the meeting simultaneously. Now, in the past month, the Launch Meeting button doesn't work.  I have to launch my Zoom app first, and then click the button, sometimes multiple times, before it launches. A couple of our webinar panelists have reported the same issue with getting into webinars.  Others have mentioned similar issues.

What has changed, that we can no longer launch meetings and webinars without a bunch of time-consuming hoop-jumping? Zoom, please fix this.

Lisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LisaSp
Attendee

I think I discovered the cause of the issue. The problem seems to occur if Zoom isn’t already running in the background (e.g., from Windows startup).  For anyone experiencing this issue, to fix: Go into the Zoom desktop app, (1) go into Settings, (2) select General, and then (3) make sure both of these checkboxes are selected: Start Zoom when I start Windows and Silently start Zoom when I start Windows. You can close the window, but don't quit the program. Otherwise, the issue will continue.

For me, I think these checkboxes were inadvertently unchecked on my computer during some troubleshooting of another issue a month ago.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

LisaSp
Attendee

I think I discovered the cause of the issue. The problem seems to occur if Zoom isn’t already running in the background (e.g., from Windows startup).  For anyone experiencing this issue, to fix: Go into the Zoom desktop app, (1) go into Settings, (2) select General, and then (3) make sure both of these checkboxes are selected: Start Zoom when I start Windows and Silently start Zoom when I start Windows. You can close the window, but don't quit the program. Otherwise, the issue will continue.

For me, I think these checkboxes were inadvertently unchecked on my computer during some troubleshooting of another issue a month ago.

I have the same problem, but only on my tablet. Zoom still launches with no issues on my phone and laptop. Unfortunately, this solution didn't work.

Same 😞

ThisSucks
Listener

Nope that didnt work

0da110c
Listener

Didn't work for me either just now. 

steppin1
Listener

It didn't work for me either. I even tried opening a meeting on my laptop, the same thing. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

AngelinaPennell
Listener

did not work for me either. Those options were not available there.

It didn't work for me either but after i tried clearing my browsing data and then logging in again and my zoom session loaded clearly