cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get past the meeting launch page to join any Zoom mtg

ZoomZiz
Listener

I started having this problem yesterday, Nov 6, 2023.  I can't get past the Zoom launch page when I click on the hot links to meeting in my email.  I tried the Zoom chat bot and they referred me here.   I cleared my cache and temp files and still didn't work.   I uninstalled and reinstalled Zoom and still it is not working.  I can get in on the Web app but that is super laggy and not a viable solution.  I can get in on my iPhone, but again not a sustainable solution.    I appreciate any help figuring this mystery out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update:  I decided to turn the computer off and restart, and version 5.17.7 32bit is now working. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

bstrelko
Community Champion | Customer

Can you please confirm which version of Zoom Client you're currently running (as well as which OS you're using)?

Hi.  My computer is on Windows 10 OS, and I am not sure how to tell what Zoom client version I am on, but its a personal account (free). 

bstrelko

There is no difference between the installed client for free vs. paid use (only features available once logged in). There are a few ways to tell which version you have, but this may be the easiest (bottom-right of your Windows toolbar when Zoom is running):

bstrelko_1-1699392035910.png

Thanks.  I did figure it out and was running 5.16.6.  See my response below to another community member that responded after you. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ZoomZiz just a couple of questions for me to further understand your experience. 

Can you please double-confirm that you're only running into an issue of launching a meeting?

You can launch the Zoom desktop client successfully, login, etc., however, you're unable to launch meetings after being redirected from a join link?

Are you prompt'd with any specific error, or just stuck on a 'connecting' modal window? 

Looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi.  Thanks for your interest in solving my issue. 

When I click on an zoom link from email, etc, I get to the landing page in Zoom, but it just sits there instead of the usual few second delay to open the meeting box where I can see "waiting for host, etc"     When it is working correctly in 5.15.11, I don't have to hit the blue "Launch Meeting" button in the middle of the screen.   The first few times I had the trouble in Nov, I would click on the blue "Launch Meeting" button, but nothing happened and I never got an error message or other prompt.   Note at the bottom of that landing page there is some smaller links that have verbiage something like if it isn't working click here for Web App... I did click that a few times and I did get to the mtg via the web app, but the quality was so bad that I didn't stay in the meeting.  

Now that I am back in 5.15.11, I get right to the Zoom meetings.  The only issue is that it keeps prompting me to update my version of Zoom...    Let me know if you have any other questions.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ZoomZiz interesting that this only works on a specific version for you. Can you please share what browser you're currently using?

Couple of troubleshooting steps I'd recommend taking if you haven't already:

• You may need to clear your cache/cookies or update your browser.
  • You could also try opening an incognito browser window, pasting the link, and seeing if you get the same result.
  • Finally, try a different browser, paste the invite link in, and see if you are redirected and given the launch meeting window.

For example, I am using Chrome browser, 120.0.6099.71

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 11.22.21 AM.png

With the following prompts from Chrome, running Zoom desktop client version 5.16.10

Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 11.24.09 AM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

ifurman

Some users have been having issues with Zoom v 5.16.5  and 5.16.6 loading on Windows Server 2016\2019. or Windows with older AMD CPU's. If you uninstall zoom and install 5.15.11 from here it should work for you until 5.16.10 comes out, https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

V 5.16.2 works for our company on Windows Server 2019.

I received the following response to a ticket that I filed out at Zoom yesterday.

I apologize for the delay in responding to your service desk ticket. We understand that your time is valuable and we strive to provide timely and efficient support to all of our customers. We have been experiencing higher than the normal volumes of inquiries, and we are working hard to address them all as quickly as possible. Rest assured that we have received your ticket and our team is actively working to resolve your issue.

I understand that you have concerns with the Zoom Application on your Windows Server. I am more than happy to help you with this.
Regarding this, this has been raised already with our Engineering team and they are already aware of this. This is a known incident. The fix will be included in the next version which will be 5.16.10 and is expected to be released on or before the end of this month. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you,
Zoom Technical Support

Thank you.  I did check and see I have 5.16.6 loaded so I uninstalled it and used the link you provided and installed 5.15.11.  My next mtg is tomorrow so I will advise how it goes.

Hi.  I am circling back.  I went back to 5.15.11 per our earlier thread and it has worked great for me so far.   You mentioned they were working on a fix and I checking if you know if it was released, and if so what is the version number to look for? 

ifurman

5.16.10 is up and fixed my issue with Zoom loading on Windows Server 2019, https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

Ok. So i uninstalled 5.15.11 and installed 5.16.10 over the weekend.   I had to wait until today for my next Zoom call.  It still doesn't work for me.  So I backed out 5.16.10 and went back to 5.15.11.   I wish I could figure out who to talk with about getting the coding to work with older standalone computers on Windows 10.   

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello @ZoomZiz, as it has been some time since you posted your discussion, did any of the replies below resolve your issue?

Or, if you have resolved this issue, could you please share the solution you discovered with others in the community who may be experiencing a similar problem? Thanks!

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hi.  I just posted on 12/4 per the current status of my issue.  I am not sure if you saw that before you sent your query.  Take a look and let me know.

ifurman

Have you tried 5.16.10 32 bit version. Some users have reported it working for them when the 64 bit version did not work.

Hi.  I will be glad to try that version but I don't see where I can select the 32bit version of 5.16.10?   See the screenshot below.   Can you send me the link or instructions on how to download the 32bit ver.?

ZoomZiz_0-1702143270710.png

ifurman

Thanks for the link.  I backed out 5.15.11 and loaded 5.16.10 32bit.   I will have to wait until Monday to see if it works.   In the meantime, can you help me understand something?   So if this works, will it know to use 32bit on future updates, or will I have to keep the check for  "don't do auto updates", and then have to manually check for future updates that include 32bit?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@ZoomZiz 32bit and 64bit Zoom desktop client downloads will run based on your system type. Here is how you can determine whether you are on a 32bit or 64bit system (windows):

1. Select the Start  button, then select Settings > System > About .

2. At the right, under Device specifications, see System type.

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks. This was helpful.  I checked and I have a 64bit system, but for some odd reason, 5.16.10 64bit update that happened in Nov 2023 stopped my Zoom from  opening to the meetings as it has for several years now.    I followed the suggestion of another poster and have downloaded the 5.16.10 32bit version and it is working now.   It does seem to buffer a little more that before, but I can work with that for now.

Update

Hi.  5.16.10 32bit is working.   The computer does struggle a little more with "low resource" warnings when I am on a Zoom call now that before but I can deal with that.   I am still wondering if it will know to use the 32bit version of future updates or will I need to turn off updates and do them manually? 

ali012
Listener

Experiencing difficulty getting past the meeting launch page to join a Zoom meeting can be frustrating. Here are a few troubleshooting steps that might help:

1. **Check Network Connection:** Ensure you have a stable internet connection. Sometimes, poor connectivity can hinder accessing the meeting.

2. **Clear Browser Cache:** If you're using a web browser, clearing the cache and cookies might resolve any loading issues.

3. **Update or Reinstall the Zoom App:** If using the Zoom app, ensure it's updated to the latest version. If issues persist, reinstalling the app might help.

4. **Try Different Browser or Device:** Attempt accessing the meeting using a different web browser or device to rule out any specific issues with your current setup.

5. **Contact Zoom Support:** If none of the above steps work, reaching out to Zoom's customer support or checking their troubleshooting resources might offer specific solutions for joining meetings.

If you're unable to get past the meeting launch page despite these steps, technical support from Zoom might provide further assistance tailored to your situation.

Frank_TB

Zoom has a test meeting you can use anytime.

https://zoom.us/test 

Regards

Thank you.  This is good to know for future test needs.

ZoomZiz
Listener

Hi.   It happened again today.   I was running Zoom Client 5.16.10 32bit per the thread above.  It has been working fine since the original problem started with the Zoom update in Nov 2023.   Zoom worked great yesterday.  Today (2/12/24) it is back to not launch the zoom mtg at the launch page.     I went and looked and it seems there have been more recent updated version and thinking that maybe the latest had some code that reversed my working version 5.16.10 32bit.   So I uninstalled 5.16.10 32bit and installed the latest version 5.17.7 32bit.  It is still not launching.   I used the test meeting link and I can get it to open, but it times out quickly there is an error where it goes to trouble shooting mode and just keeps spinning.     Any ideas to get it back up and working for me?

Update:  I decided to turn the computer off and restart, and version 5.17.7 32bit is now working.