cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t enter a meeting with videos in waiting room.

Jose_M_Pastrana
Listener

I´ve been trying to enter a workshop on my desktop computer. Multimedia starts loading  but before I enter the waiting room, zoom closes and sends me back to the zoom enter screen.  When I try to enter the same workshop on my cellphone and in other computer there´s no problem, i can see the video in the waiting room and then enter the meeting. I only have that problem on one device.

I don´t have that problem on any device with meeting without multimedia in the waiting room.

Any idea of whats happening, any one with the same problem?  Or any solution?? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ExpertswhoJohn
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions.
There is a bug here with the graphics processing for the waiting room which mostly affects Windows PCs where they have built-in graphics for low power and an integrated graphics card.
To fix, ( and it is best to have a meeting with that problem to hand)

Press the windows button and choose settings.
then choose graphics settings

ExpertswhoJohn_0-1711387703143.png

Scroll down on the right and you will find the grpahics button

ExpertswhoJohn_1-1711387806911.png

Click on this and there are apps shown that have settings to use graphics.

Select zoom and you can then chose options

ExpertswhoJohn_2-1711387908143.png

OK. Now the spooky part.
I selected "let windows decide" and it worked.
You can try other settintgs and exaclty what works could be due to the other settings on your machine, but one I fixed it, it seemd like anything worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For completeness you may want to restart your zoom again to confirm the issue has gone.

Now you can see all those pretty waiting room graphics. 😉
Happy Zooming, John Drinkwater

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

crchan123
Note Taker | Zoom Employee
Note Taker | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jose_M_Pastrana! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, I'd love to help you get it resolved.

Can you help me? See reply I put below.

zdiggy
Listener

I am having the exact same problem.  I have updated all drivers on my Windows 10 PC, to no avail.

barryn
Listener

I'm having this exact same issue for a while now.  Running 5.12.2 (9281) on Windows 11.  When trying to join a meeting where a custom video has been added for participants to view in waiting room, Zoom just crashes.  I'm able to join using the Android app on my phone, but just constantly crashing on Windows.  Media never actually loads, it just freezes and crashes.

My organisation has the custom video for waiting room enabled at group level, so this is very frustrating!  Any advice would be much appreciated

barryn
Listener

For anyone else having this issue, one workaround is to force Zoom to open in browser rather than opening on the app.  

This is quite tricky to do, but the most reliable way I have found is to generate the URL that will automatically in browser:  

You can use https://zoom.us/wc/join/{Meeting ID} to join the meeting via web

For more details see here:  https://devforum.zoom.us/t/is-there-a-way-to-make-the-zoom-url-join-link-to-always-use-the-browser-a...

It's not the best workaround as the in-browser version of Zoom isn't as good as the app, but at least it means you can join the meeting!

dchohan
Listener

I am having the exact same issue - all of our Courts that use Zoom have pre-video enabled and my Zoom app crashes on my laptop - has there been any fix for this issue? It is extremely frustrating. I have reinstalled zoom, made sure its updated etc. This does not happen on my phone (iPhone) or my desktop computer.  Is there a registry fix or some other way, other than to use the web browser?

barryn
Listener

I discovered in the end that the issue I had was because I was forcing Zoom to use my discrete graphics card (an Nvidia) like this:  https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044213

When I changed it back and forced Zoom to use my integrated graphics it worked fine.

Hope that helps someone

OMG! THANK YOU! Forcing it back to my integrated graphics on power saving mode fixed the issue!!!!!!!

ExpertswhoJohn

Hi, thanks for all the suggestions.
There is a bug here with the graphics processing for the waiting room which mostly affects Windows PCs where they have built-in graphics for low power and an integrated graphics card.
To fix, ( and it is best to have a meeting with that problem to hand)

Press the windows button and choose settings.
then choose graphics settings

ExpertswhoJohn_0-1711387703143.png

Scroll down on the right and you will find the grpahics button

ExpertswhoJohn_1-1711387806911.png

Click on this and there are apps shown that have settings to use graphics.

Select zoom and you can then chose options

ExpertswhoJohn_2-1711387908143.png

OK. Now the spooky part.
I selected "let windows decide" and it worked.
You can try other settintgs and exaclty what works could be due to the other settings on your machine, but one I fixed it, it seemd like anything worked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For completeness you may want to restart your zoom again to confirm the issue has gone.

Now you can see all those pretty waiting room graphics. 😉
Happy Zooming, John Drinkwater