cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not enable people to register for an event

Wilder-at-Base
Listener

I have the Basic account because I am testing out Zoom. I want to enable people to register for a meeting, but I don't see the Registration features in my account. According to Zoom documentation, this feature should be available even for Basic accounts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

I'm not sure where you saw in documentation that Basic accounts should include registration. My experience (just verified it on one of my free accounts) is that registration is not available to Basic accounts. I'm also including a link to a Zoom support article that describes this. Under the prerequisites section it states that "Host user type must be Licensed" which means a paid account.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen

I'm not sure where you saw in documentation that Basic accounts should include registration. My experience (just verified it on one of my free accounts) is that registration is not available to Basic accounts. I'm also including a link to a Zoom support article that describes this. Under the prerequisites section it states that "Host user type must be Licensed" which means a paid account.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/211579443-Scheduling-a-meeting-with-registration

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Thank you for the clarification.
Simply put... you have to pay to enable the "meeting registration" feature so you can collect contact info.