cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can We Record Meetings With a Free Zoom Account?

JimG35
Listener

If you have a free Zoom account, can you record your Zoom meetings? And if it's a one-on-one meeting that goes beyond 40 minutes, can you record the entire meeting? Thanks!  Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Manny5429
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@JimG35 Yes, you can record up to 40 minutes to your local machine only if you have a free zoom account. 

Prerequisites for local recordings

• Basic (Free) account or above
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux, version 2.0 or higher

Note: Local recording is not supported on iOS and Android. See cloud recording for paid accounts if you are using a mobile device.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Manny5429

@JimG35 Yes, you can record up to 40 minutes to your local machine only if you have a free zoom account. 

Prerequisites for local recordings

• Basic (Free) account or above
  • Zoom desktop client for Windows, macOS, or Linux, version 2.0 or higher

Note: Local recording is not supported on iOS and Android. See cloud recording for paid accounts if you are using a mobile device.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362473-Enabling-and-starting-local-recordings

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the -Accept as Solution- button below.

Thanks so much for this, Manny! 😁

So it would have been nice to notify your free account holders that the option to RECORD is now missing...AND the option to record SOUND is now...not automatic.

I no longer have the option to record SOUND or my meeting so please tell me why should I keep this account? Today is Feb. 4, 2023 and I will check back by Fri. Feb. 10, 2023 and if there is no response...buh bye Zoom!

M00M00
Listener

Apparently, as of Jan. 1, 2023 this feature is no longer available. In my longstanding account, the option to RECORD is altogether gone. Oh, BONUS! There was NO NOTICE to me that this would happen. So I go to a meeting only to find the option to record altogether MISSING.

Noicee Zoom!

M00M00
Listener

no. this is not true.

apparently with a FREE account you cannot do anything.

zoom sucks!  never a problem before 1/1/2023 when you stopped allowing my account to DO ANYTHING but host a meeting.  free account now means less than nothing..why do i even bother with you zoom? i wonder.