cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Zoom without an internet connect? I want to record my Power Point Presentations

RalphBerger
Listener

When the internet works in my classroom, I have found it convenient to start a meeting (which only I attend), share my screen, and record the presentation.  I then upload the recording to a university course website, so students who missed the lecture can hear it while seeing the slides.  My only problem is that I am in a class room with unreliable internet, so I often don't have an internet connection, and I can't start a meeting through my normal process (open zoom, click start a meeting).  

Is there anyway to start a meeting without an internet connection?

1 REPLY 1

timstringer
Attendee

It isn't possible to start a Zoom meeting in the absence of an Internet connection.

As an alternative, you could use a screen recording app to produce a video that gets uploaded to your university course website. There are some great options available on the Mac, including the free, pre-installed QuickTime Player that (you can record your screen + audio) and ScreenFlow (a paid and highly functional app that I've been using for years).  Telestream also has apps for Mac and Windows that can be used for screen capture and audio/video recording.

I hope this helps!