cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I share the screen of a second tablet?

EAH
Listener

On the desktop app, I can share the screen of an iPad. When using the iPad or iPhone app, is it possible to share the screen of a second iPad in the same way? I don't always want to carry my laptop with me, but it's impossible for people to see me while I write on the same iPad (they end up looking at the ceiling or the bottom of my chin.) I know you can't be logged in on two tablets at once (at least not when using the free version), but with the desktop app, sharing a tablet screen via screeencast doesn't require being signed in on the tablet, only on the desktop.

Is it possible to do this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@EAH Yes you are correct about the 40 minutes, if you are the host. Of course if someone else with a license hosts the meeting you would not have to worry about it. 

One point to clarify about the audio, you could connect with audio on your iPhone and then just not connect the audio on you iPad. If the Zoom client settings on your iPad are set to connect to audio automatically, you could disconnect the audio and only have audio connected through your iPhone. 

Hope that helps! 

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jeremyjustin

Hi @EAH thank you for your question here on the Zoom Community! Sharing your iPad through the desktop client is a great feature but this does not work if you are connected into the Zoom meeting with your iPad. You can as you said share your screen or even a web address through your Zoom iPad client but there is not a way to airplay a secondary iPad into the Zoom meeting, using your main iPad as the connection into the meeting. 

One possible idea, you can be signed into the Zoom app on your iPad and your iPhone at the same time. Perhaps you connect into the meeting from your Phone for video and your iPad for sharing content? Then people on the far end could see your video constantly as well as anything you bring in through your iPad.

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Thanks, but I use the free version, so signing in with both devices would limit my meetings to 40 mins, which would be a pain—and since I’ve also found that having two devices close together signed into the same meeting causes intolerable audio feedback, it’s not worth subscribing to be able to use it that way without restrictions. Thank you for the help, and the quick response!

jeremyjustin

@EAH Yes you are correct about the 40 minutes, if you are the host. Of course if someone else with a license hosts the meeting you would not have to worry about it. 

One point to clarify about the audio, you could connect with audio on your iPhone and then just not connect the audio on you iPad. If the Zoom client settings on your iPad are set to connect to audio automatically, you could disconnect the audio and only have audio connected through your iPhone. 

Hope that helps! 

One point to clarify about the audio, you could connect with audio on your iPhone and then just not connect the audio on you iPad.

Thanks, but this does not fix the problem at all. The feedback is audible whenever two devices in close proximity are connected to the same zoom call, regardless of whether one of them has its audio turned off.