cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I maintain camera on while phone is locked and screen off

Scentsky
Listener

Hi I'm using android phone right now

While zoom meeting, I want to off my screen without turn off the camera.

Is there any way to do that?

Thanks for your help!

4 REPLIES 4

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Scentsky this is expected behavior, as Zoom will turn your camera off if the Zoom app is not open. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

ruckers
Listener

Is this still the case?  I'm migrating from Teams to Zoom (company got bought out) and am often on calls while I'm on the go (traveling for work, driving from one campus to another, picking up kids) and want to be able to turn the screen off on my phone and just listen through my headphones.  But, when I do this, the call disconnects (or rather, put on hold).  This is terrible design for mobile purposes, I can't always be holding my phone with the screen on.

RobK
Listener

Have either of you found a solution for this? I have a Pixel and I too would like to stay in the meeting with my camera on and screen off (or black at least) because my phone gets really hot after the screen is on for a few hours of Zoom calls however I still need to be seen in the Zoom with the camera.

The best option I have found is to call in through the "one-touch dial" option, then it just uses your phone and no camera integration.  Downside to that is you don't get a chance to put your name in, so you're just a random number.