cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Myself does not ring my phone on first call but says connected

rburton
Listener

For Audio connection for meetings I call myself. In the last several weeks, the first call says connected, but never rings my phone. Then I "hang up" on Zoom, and call myself again and my phone rings and the audio connection works. Why does Zoom say "connected" when it does not connect to my phone? Who is it connecting to if not my phone? Doesn't seem secure if it is connecting to someone else's phone...

4 REPLIES 4

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Not sure why that would be happening. Could be connecting to your voicemail, resulting in the "connected" status, even though that's incorrect. Have you checked with your phone carrier to see how they are handling those calls from Zoom? I know a few years back some companies would mark the Zoom call as spam and route straight to VM, instead of allowing the call to go through and ring on their phone. 

If you check with them, but sure to run a test and note the exact date/time when it happens, so they can check the call logs from their end. 

Makes sense, but why 2nd call always goes through? This same thing occurs for every meeting. First call never rings, but "connected", and 2nd call rings.

Bort

Like I said, not sure why that's happening. I'd check with your phone carrier first, and if its still an issue, you can reach out to Zoom Support directly to see if there is an issue on our end. 

rjernigan4
Listener

Necro the thread: this happens to me all the time these days.  I use the "call my phone" option in Zoom frequently to connect audio, and maybe 10% of the time the dialog runs through "connecting" to "ringing" to "connected" on the display while never actually calling my phone.  I'll hang up, try again, and usually it actually makes a call the second time around--but my worst-case history so far was 4 attempts before zoom actually called my phone.  No, it's not going to voicemail.  No, it's not the network; I used another phone to call mine during one of these windows, and it rang fine.  Best I can tell it's just zoom not actually making a call.