cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break out rooms that synch audio and video

TNgirl21
Listener

Hello! 

I am running a zoom with about 100 people, many of which will be calling in separate from their video.

We have had trouble with audio being in one room and video in another for those calling in separately.

If I have participants select THEIR OWN room will that solve this problem?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Letting them pick their own rooms will do nothing for those who do not have their phone-audio connected to their video. They must be connected with the participant ID before selecting a breakout room for both to sync and join the breakout room together. There is a way to connect those as the host, but it requires you to know which video goes with each phone dial-in participant. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

If their audio and video are separate in Zoom, that means they did not provide their participant ID when they dialed-in. Their participant ID can be found in the meeting dial-in info within the meeting (not in the invite). 
Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.11.26.png

When this info is provided when dialing-in, Zoom will automatically combine their video and audio into one participant, so that both move into a breakout room together.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

TNgirl21
Listener

Yeah, we realize that would synch audio/video up but we struggle to get people to do this when they dial in and you can bypass it, so we were hoping to mitigate that by having people assign themselves. I was told that would resolve the issue as well. Is that correct?

Bort

The issue is that self-assigning yourself to breakout rooms is not something you can do with the limited phone-only controls. It requires you to be connected through the actual Zoom app for desktop or mobile. 

If people JUST call in I'll assign them when I see they aren't selecting a room, but what I'm trying to do is make sure that those who are dialing in using their headsets instead of computer audio are synched up when I open the break out rooms.

What's the best way to accomplish this? 

I was told it was to let them pick their own rooms and their audio and video will synch. Is that accurate?

Bort

Letting them pick their own rooms will do nothing for those who do not have their phone-audio connected to their video. They must be connected with the participant ID before selecting a breakout room for both to sync and join the breakout room together. There is a way to connect those as the host, but it requires you to know which video goes with each phone dial-in participant. 

TNgirl21
Listener

Thank you so much for clarifying! These people will just have to get it together and put in their participant codes! 🙂 Appreciate your help!