cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurred background

Erikos
Listener

My iPad Zoom background is blurred even the virtual background is selected “None”.

I’ve tried to log out and also delete & reinstalled the Zoom but the background is still blurred.  

I didn’t change the setting.  Please help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TomO
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,

On the new versions of MacOS, Apple has added a new Video Effects (Change video effects for FaceTime calls on Mac ). Try to turn off the Video Effects mode while using Zoom. The blurred background effect should then be removed.

TomO_2-1647963858595.png

If this resolves your issue please mark this reply as an accepted solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TomO

Hello,

On the new versions of MacOS, Apple has added a new Video Effects (Change video effects for FaceTime calls on Mac ). Try to turn off the Video Effects mode while using Zoom. The blurred background effect should then be removed.

TomO_2-1647963858595.png

If this resolves your issue please mark this reply as an accepted solution.

Erikos
Listener

Thank you so much TomO! 

grtgdrsgdfr
Listener

thankssssssss a lot buddy TomO, you just saved my life man 

come to India I will show you Tajmahal for free 

shanster
Listener

Thank you so much for this solution.  We have a logi ConferenceCam which was unusable because of this setting; and it is now fixed!!  Thankyou!!

BekyVice
Listener

Please help - I'm using Zoom on Windows 11 and I still have this issue (constant blurred background).  I do not see anywhere where one can "turn off video effects."  I have my NONE highlighted and selected on virtual background.  Is there somewhere else where I can turn off/disable all video effects?  I find it nowhere.  My background remains blurred and it's annoying because I go in and out of focus during my entire meeting.  Help, thank you!