Ready to set up and use Zoom, but aren't sure where to start? Begin with our onboarding support experience for everything you need to get started.

Get Started
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Headphones not working as speaker or microphone in Windows 11

lmeke
Observer

I have a pair of Bluetooth headphones that I used with previous version of Zoom meetings and on Windows 10 with no problems, but I have been having a hard time getting them to function as the speaker and microphone in Zoom.

Pertinent System Information:

• Device: Microsoft Surface Pro 8
  • Zoom meetings version: 5.9.1 (newest available)

The headphones are recognized by Zoom meetings and are available in the drop-down menus in the Audio settings. I have also tried using the "Same as system" and "Bluetooth Headphones" options for both the speaker and microphone functions and have not been able to get them to operate correctly. The headphones do work fine with multiple other apps on my tablet, so  believe it is a Zoom meetings issue that is precluding my usage of the headphones.

I have tried the following things so far to try to get these to work:

• Updated Zoom meetings to the latest version for Windows 11 64-bit OS
  • Updated all Bluetooth drivers in Windows 11 to their latest versions from the manufacturers' websites
  • Uninstalled Zoom meetings, restarted the tablet, reinstalled the latest version of Zoom meetings, restarted the tablet, and tried again.
  • Removed the Bluetooth headphones from my Bluetooth paired list and reconnecting them to the tablet

I would really like to be able to use my headphones on Zoom to have a clearer microphone sound and also remove the background noise of multiple participants in case I am in a meeting where I am not talking but others are so I do not disturb others in my shared office. I have seen drivers available for download on the website, but I wasn't sure if they would help my current problem. Any help regarding this matter would be awesome. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lmeke
Observer

I figured out what was wrong. The Hands-Free Telephony setting for the earbuds was interfering with the audio and microphone of the earbuds. I used this guide and it worked for me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-bluetooth-headphones-or-speaker-using/...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

jeng
Observer

May I ask which Bluetooth headphones you’re looking to use?

lmeke
Observer

Hi jeng,

Thank you very much for your response! The headphones are the APEKX True Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Sports Earbuds, IPX7: http://apekxtech.com/yibucategorypage/277698845?setprev=pc

On Amazon where I got them from, the listing says the Bluetooth is 5.1. These headphones have worked with Zoom meetings on Windows 10, but I have not been able to get them to work on Windows 11 with Zoom meetings on my new tablet. The tablet came with Windows 11 factory installed if that helps you at all. Thank you!

ManvithVanga
Observer

Do you see the little arrow mark on the microphone click it and you will see speaker and microphone click on the name of the headphones your using to connect them to the zoom meeting this should help

Hi ManvithVanga,

Thank you very much for your reply! I looked at your attached picture to verify, and yes, I have tried that and received the same results unfortunately. I am not sure of what else to do except for purchase a new set of headphones since it doesn't seem like others are having the same issue with other brands, but I'd rather not if I don't have to since they are so pricey on a student budget. Thank you for your help!

lmeke
Observer

I figured out what was wrong. The Hands-Free Telephony setting for the earbuds was interfering with the audio and microphone of the earbuds. I used this guide and it worked for me: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-bluetooth-headphones-or-speaker-using/...