cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backwards Recording on Mac

revndm
Listener

I know others have asked about this, and I haven't seen a lot of helpful replies but...I hate that I'm recorded backwards in Zoom. The items behind me are recorded on the opposite side of reality, and it's very annoying. Are there any easy fixes? Third party options that don't require hours of study to get this one feature (looking at you Ecamm). It's such a simple thing I just wish Zoom would fix it...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

I would Google "Virtual Webcam". Most of them allow you to mirror your camera. Once you find one you like you can select your real webcam (Creative Cam Sync) in the virtual cam software and add the mirror effect. 

In zoom you would now select the virtual cam as the Zoom webcam instead of your physical webcam. On my Mac I use an application called IGlasses. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Frank_TB

Mirror your video.

Settings>video> Mirror My video

That only affects the way I see myself on my screen. It doesn't translate to the recording.

Frank_TB

Sorry, I didn't fully understand your question.  

You may need to check your camera software settings.  What camera are you using?

That's ok 😀 I"m using a Creative Cam Sync 1080p camera, no software just plug and go.

Frank_TB

I would Google "Virtual Webcam". Most of them allow you to mirror your camera. Once you find one you like you can select your real webcam (Creative Cam Sync) in the virtual cam software and add the mirror effect. 

In zoom you would now select the virtual cam as the Zoom webcam instead of your physical webcam. On my Mac I use an application called IGlasses. 

revndm
Listener

Thanks! I will try iGlasses. I appreciate it!