cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background video works but does not loop - any suggestions?

DevM
Listener

Hello Zoomers...

I have successfully created a background video and it works perfectly.  However, at the end of the video it just stops on the last frame and does not loop - unlike the zoom supplied videos.  

Any suggestions on changes to naming, format or settings to get the video to keep looping? 

D

7 REPLIES 7

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DevM ! So sorry for the delayed response, but I'd be happy to help you out. Quick question: Is the video a MP4 or MOV video file with a minimum resolution of 480 by 360 pixels (360p) and a maximum resolution of 1920 by 1080 pixels (1080p)?

Also, are you on the latest version of Zoom?

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

louchan
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi Bri, my question is just the opposite. How can I stop the looping feature and keep my video's last frame as a still background image at the end? I tried both MP4 and MOV in 1920 by 1080 pixels, and they all loop in ZOOM.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @louchan 

There is currently no way to achieve what you're wanting, as the video should always loop. A couple of workarounds might be: 

• Screenshot the last frame of the video to use as an image virtual background, instead of the entire video. 
  • Create a longer version of that video, with the last frame frozen on the playback for an extended period, such as 30 minutes. This would allow the video to continue, while only displaying the static image. 

louchan
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Good alternative solution and thank you for your prompt response.

Bort

Sure thing!

A colleague of mine here at Zoom has a 30-minute video as his virtual background. The change is subtle as its happening, but noticeable from start to finish. He uses it to easily check how far along the meeting is by his background. 

Yes to all these questions but I'm still struggling with this loop challenge.