cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio not working in Zoom, laptops speakers are fine got checked, issue is with zoom. Pls help.

SSS
Listener

Audio not working in Zoom, laptops speakers are fine got checked, issue is with zoom.
On and off suddenly it says failed to detect speakers... and it is very inconvenient as meetings are on and scheduled.
Got laptop checked with experts and all have confirmed speakers of laptop are completely k, issue is in zoom app and even after all correct setting this bug keeps coming... attached screenshot pls help...

PLS NOTE AGAIN - LAPTOP SPEAKERS ARE PERFECTLY FINE AND WORKING WELL, ISSUE IS IN ZOOM AND HAVE UNINSTALLED AND INSTALLED IT AGAIN TOO.

Request to take a net meeting or a zoom meeting and help me solve it asap...

it says failed to detect speakers...

14 REPLIES 14

Hime-Tama
Listener

Hi SSS, Hime-Tama here.

The first thing I'll tell you is that, YOUR COMPUTER SPEAKERS ARE WORKING FINE. If you are using windows, do make sure that your audio output is set to your computer speakers, you can change this in:

HimeTama_0-1629792929047.png

If that's not the issue, take a look in your volume mixer and make sure all the Zoom windows are not at zero volume.  

otherwise, go into zoom settings and change your speaker from system or default to your computer speakers specifically. If that doesn't work, you might want to try to check if your computer audio drivers are up to date. You can do this from Device manager on your computer (you'll need local admin permissions for this).

Hope I was of some help!

I am dealing with the same issue. No output audio on zoom and all settings are correct and properly set

Same issue!

Win10 Pro; all MS updates; all other apps work but not Zoom for speakers.  Mic works fine.  At one time I tried a headset but I can't test it now.

Taj
Listener

I'm having the same problem on my all-in-one Lenovo computer. All settings, volumes, etc. are correct in Zoom and in PC  Audio settings. The speakers work fine everywhere except a Zoom meeting! I updated Zoom, checked drivers for updates, etc. and nothing works. Hope someone can help!

LeanWalrus
Listener

I have same issue on Mac for last 2 weeks... I have 45 years in IT so believe me when i say it is a Zoom problem

Thank you for your response! I guess I'll just keep updating Zoom on this computer and use a tablet until  this gets resolved.  This is a new problem that's popped up in the past few weeks! Very frustrating! Thanks again...

mitchj
Listener

Same problem here. New LG laptop, Win 11. Speakers work for all apps except Zoom. Hope they address this serious issue, as Zoom is currently unusable to me.

Libby5503
Listener

Same problem.  Zoom audio worked just fine last night. This morning it fails to detect audio.  What happened overnight?!

ocmc
Listener

Same problem with my  mom's laptop.  it was all working fine, and one day couple weeks ago, audio stopped.  

Website, windows setting and youtube from website all play fine from speaker.  

zoom will have have audio and mic stopped.  we only have default speak showing.  

now, if we connect a headphone to the system, we can continue have sound and run the meeting.  

zoon app is the only app do not have sound.  

even when we play games, the sounds works. 

this is so weird.  we have tried uninstall and install again.  

we have tried update the software to the latest version.  

nothing works.  

ocmc
Listener

Its a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 in 1 Flex 2 Alpha.  not sure if it make any difference.  

SusieP
Listener

I have the same issue on my Lenovo.  I have used the same laptop for 2 years and never had an audio problem with Zoom.  Now suddenly no speakers detected.  No problem with my speakers at all in any other application just as other commenters have noted.  Is Zoom doing anything to address this issue?

ocmc
Listener

Our IT help desk shared a work around.  Use Zoom from browser.  Will need to cancel "Start in app" when join or start a meeting, then a message at bottom allow you to join from browser.  And mic and speaker works.  It helped my mom to continue use normally.  

Nice, but that doesn't help when I am in a zoom webinar, which doesn't open from the browser. Any suggestions? 

It seems webinar can be join using web.  check out this link, see if it works.  I have never used webinar.  trying to join one to find out.   

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206316975-Webinar-practice-session

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206316975-Webinar-practice-session#h_c4ca07d6-2cfd-4f35-99...