cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issues with Galaxy Buds 2

Gitana
Listener

use of ear buds from Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 fails; audio through the notebook works (Surface Pro X); issue remains unresolved through the Zoom tech support; we have been using Teams increasingly mor

20 REPLIES 20

JepZoomie
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

When your Galaxy Buds 2 is connected to your computer/device, kindly open your Zoom desktop application and go to Settings > Audio, from there, check if you will see the Galaxy Buds 2 as an option.

JepZoomie_0-1651425168190.png

no. lack of compatibility, unlike competitors

But the Galaxy buds goes off from the list in a short while. I'm forced to use laptop speaker. Can Zoom please help solve the compatibility issue with Samsung Galaxy Buds please. 

angelo_112020
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

please check if your Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 works during  "Test Speaker" & "Test Mic" from the Zoom App Settings.

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.08.51 AM.png

Unfortunately sound tests work great but when on the call the audio breaks up and clients say they can't hear me well so I have to take them out and plug in headphones 

the test works but when you are actually in the Zoom they don't.  the solution for me was going to settings and changing speaker and microphone there every time as indicated in a post here but that's annoying...  why doesn't it just work when you select the device from the audio menu next to Unmute?

No. My new Earbuds 2 Pro were working fine on my old laptop with Zoom. I got a new ThinkPad X1. I can get the laptop to connect with the buds just fine. However, as soon as I start Zoom, it crashes. If I use computer mic/speaker - no problems. If I use my Bose over ear headphones - no problems. As soon as I use these buds, Zoom outright crashes. I need help!

JepZoomie

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if my response has been of help to you. If so, it will be greatly appreciated if you can click the 'Accept as Solution' button.

This will be a great help to the community and to people who are having the same concern and are looking for answers.

regrettably, it did not help. Lack of compatibility

JepZoomie

Oh, I see. I am sorry to hear that.

as am i; incomprehensible that lack of compatibility; not an issue with Teams and other Zoom competitors; for us, Zoom has been surpassed by others as a real business tool, good perhaps. for video chats. Thank you for your help in narrowing the issue

amoonanlmhc
Listener

What earbuds work best with Zoom and are most compatible? 

Enacfire works well. I've switched to it when everything else failed with Samsung buds

Yogev_Straubeer
Listener

The thing which works for me is to set both speaker and microphone to **Headset** NOT headphones

Yogev_Straubeer_0-1664527759619.png

ryanl
Listener

I'm using Galaxy Bud Pro 2 and I can use it with zoom with the following method:
1. Zoom was installed.
2. Pair your Galaxy Buds on your windows.
3. Set up Buds Pro 2 on Speaker and Microphone on the audio settings
4. If you set both settings, people will hear you but you can't listen to them. While using just the speaker, and microphone on another device, you can listen to them. [NOT OK]

5. Here is what you need to do. Uninstall Zoom and reinstall it.

6. Setup the Buds on both the speaker and microphone settings. It works now!

Not sure if you need Step 3 or 4 but that is what I went through. Good Luck.
Also, I just noticed that the Zoom installer is also newer than my previous one. It is now on version 5.12.2

JayDee777
Listener

@Gitana wrote:

use of ear buds from Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 fails; audio through the notebook works (Surface Pro X); issue remains unresolved through the Zoom tech support; we have been using Teams increasingly mor

I had the same issue. I found a post on Reddit and gave it a try. 

Based on what the post recommended I did the following and it worked:

1) uninstall zoom on your laptop

2) remove the buds from your Bluetooth devices list

3) set up the buds/pair the buds to the laptop Bluetooth again

4) install zoom

5) test the audio settings

I will have a zoom call tomorrow morning and see if it works throughout the entire call but for now it is working when I do the audio test, which it wasn't doing before I followed those steps

Any luck with your zoom call by doing this?  Have you figured out if it works as well when using zoom on your mobile device?  I've struggled with both the laptop and mobile.  

willjoe2442
Participant

You might be wearing the earbuds incorrectly, or the buds could have accumulated dust or debris. Additionally, the audio quality could be affected by outdated software, a low battery, and several other things.

Regards,

Diana

Should I try with the bud in the ear as opposed to the nostril? Would that work better? Do you have a diagram to show how they should be worn, please?

You also need to charge these things!? The world we live in!