cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applause

iAlino79
Listener

Hello everyone, sorry for my English but I use the translator. I hope to explain myself better.
I wanted to understand something technical. If multiple attendees open their microphones and clap their hands during a meeting, how many of those claps will they actually hear?

I thank you in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @iAlino79. this depends on the individual participant audio settings, particularly low noise suppression and enough input level to pickup everyone clapping essentially.

Also, you could use a sound board of clapping sounds while sharing audio as well! 😄

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi @RN , thank you very much for your answer. Sorry, but i have another question. Let's imagine there are 100 connections and all 100 open the microphone and applaud at the same time. How many do I hear with these settings? all 100? Or by choice does the platform make some feel and cut others?

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@iAlino79, hmm great question. I'd suppose you'd hear the overlapping output of clapping, however, with 100 audio inputs (all unmuted), I don't believe you'd really notice all 100 participants 'clapping' individually... if that make sense? Not sure as I haven't tested this, but from the experience of how it works, I would suppose that would be the outcome. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

nahsy6343
Listener

When I fist tested, I turned into cough through marvel, audio became not working until I realized there isn't any speaker in the device to control the pickup service, you want to hook up with a display/TV with speaker you cannot use a huge screen without.

EmilyLangley
Listener

As far as I know from my idiom experience, the layout options and the size of your screen in Zoom determine the maximum number of participants that can be shown on the screen at once. Zoom shows a maximum of 25 participants in the gallery view by default. However, you can change the settings to view up to 49 participants at once when using the gallery view. You won't be able to hear all 100 applause sounds simultaneously in a Zoom meeting if there are 100 connections and all 100 open their microphones and applaud at the same time. This is because Zoom prioritizes and optimizes the audio experience for participants by using audio processing techniques.

Zoom employs a voice-activated automatic feature that concentrates on the audio of the active speaker. It dynamically adjusts the audio levels to highlight the speaker or source of the loudest sound at any given time. This makes conversation clarity and background noise less distracting.

Zoom's audio processing algorithms will probably suppress or lower the volume of the applause sounds from the non-active speakers in a scenario where all 100 participants are cheering at once. You would primarily hear the loudest applause coming from a particular participant or the active speaker.

The precise number of applause noises you will hear will also depend on the audio settings you have chosen, such as microphone sensitivity and speaker volume. You probably won't hear all 100 applause sounds at once, but it's important to keep in mind that the Zoom audio system is made to optimize the audio experience by reducing overlapping sounds and emphasizing the active speaker.