cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

40 mins for free, is this not available any more?

nicadome
Listener

I attended two meetings yesterday, each with only two people terminated after 40mins.  Has Zoom changed the criteria?  Is 40 mins the maximum now for any number of people with the free account?

3 REPLIES 3

jenncee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-cha... 

Starting May 2, 2022, Zoom is changing the meeting duration limit for 1:1 meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts to 40 minutes. This change creates a uniform 40-minute meeting duration limit for all meetings hosted by Basic users on Free and Free (Credit Card Verified) accounts, including group meetings and one-on-one meetings.

WTF
Listener

Yeah, I just called them and on May 2nd they changed their Basic plan to kick you out after 40 minutes. This was an executive decision and it's another sign of capitalistic greed from large companies. I loved Zoom and was proud of how they supported people during the beginning of virus - to the point where I opted out of participating in the lawsuit against them even though I experienced multiple meetings that were Zoombombed - but this decision is a game changer for me. Will be switching to Google Chat - another capitalistic powerhouse, but they're still free for basic use, for now at least. So sad and frustrating.