cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2FA and no possibility to sign-in

VinceVega11
Listener

Hi there!

Several days ago after a session in Zoom my macOS app signed out automatically.  Now I can not log in neither in the web version nor in the app as it requires 2FA but my 2FA app doesn't display any keys for Zoom.

I had a basic account, therefore there is no support ticket provided. I had to create this new account to write this message. I really need to recover my initial one. Any help, please.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Iggy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @VinceVega11, glad to help. My point was that it might not say “Zoom” on it. For example, I have a Basic test account with 2FA which uses my Gmail entry in my Auth app.

Most of us here in the Zoom Community are volunteer customers with no access to your account. Occasionally a Zoom employee will see a post here and attempt to locate the poster’s account and try to fix something, but your best bet is to create a support ticket here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032

1. Be sure that Billing & Account Management is selected.
  2. Start your problem description with: Unable to access account with 2FA enabled.
  3. Be sure to include whatever information you might have that proves you are the owner of the account. (This step is needed to prevent unauthorized people from accessing your account just by knowing your email address.) Knowing & providing your customer number is helpful — but if you don’t already have that, you probably can’t get access to it at this point. If you’ve downloaded any copies of your Zoom invoices, the customer number is there. If you have an email you have received from Zoom, consider taking a screen shot showing the date and time, your email address, and the Zoom From address. That might help prove your identity. 
  4. Be patient. Sorry, but Zoom customer service staff do their best to deal with the huge number of tickets they receive. Sometimes it can take a day or two. 
  5. Help yourself by learning more about how 2FA works – it’s great security, very reliable (once it’s set up properly!), and doesn’t rely on emailing a code to you for verification.

Hopefully that helps! Please let me know how the support ticket turns out. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @VinceVega11.

Try one of your 2FA entries that has the correct Email address on it, especially if you use Google or some other external app to log in.

VinceVega11
Listener

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, my 2FA app doesn't show anything for ZOOM. 

I hope that admins here can see this post and send me a kind of verification link for my initial account.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @VinceVega11, glad to help. My point was that it might not say “Zoom” on it. For example, I have a Basic test account with 2FA which uses my Gmail entry in my Auth app.

Most of us here in the Zoom Community are volunteer customers with no access to your account. Occasionally a Zoom employee will see a post here and attempt to locate the poster’s account and try to fix something, but your best bet is to create a support ticket here:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000983032

1. Be sure that Billing & Account Management is selected.
  2. Start your problem description with: Unable to access account with 2FA enabled.
  3. Be sure to include whatever information you might have that proves you are the owner of the account. (This step is needed to prevent unauthorized people from accessing your account just by knowing your email address.) Knowing & providing your customer number is helpful — but if you don’t already have that, you probably can’t get access to it at this point. If you’ve downloaded any copies of your Zoom invoices, the customer number is there. If you have an email you have received from Zoom, consider taking a screen shot showing the date and time, your email address, and the Zoom From address. That might help prove your identity. 
  4. Be patient. Sorry, but Zoom customer service staff do their best to deal with the huge number of tickets they receive. Sometimes it can take a day or two. 
  5. Help yourself by learning more about how 2FA works – it’s great security, very reliable (once it’s set up properly!), and doesn’t rely on emailing a code to you for verification.

Hopefully that helps! Please let me know how the support ticket turns out. 

@Ray_Harwood thank you, mate, for the ticket. It was registered. I will let you know how it goes.