cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mentimeter app

NellyK
Listener

I want to use the mentimeter app in a presentation.  Doing a trial run, when I send the link to all participants, i can see that it has been sent in the chat function, but the participants don't receive it.  Do participants also need to have the mentimeter app downloaded?  What am I doing wrong?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @NellyK 

This could be due to a couple of things: 

• The participants you are sending it to do not have access to Zoom Apps on their account, so are prevented from seeing a request they cannot act upon. 
  • The participants have joined via a client that doesn't support Zoom Apps, such as the mobile app or web client. Ensure they are all using the desktop client, version 5.7.3 or higher. 

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NellyK, thank you for your contributions to the Zoom Community! 

If you found @Bort reply helpful, please mark it as Accept as Solution so that others may easily find your discussion 🙂

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

Hi @NellyK 

This could be due to a couple of things: 

• The participants you are sending it to do not have access to Zoom Apps on their account, so are prevented from seeing a request they cannot act upon. 
  • The participants have joined via a client that doesn't support Zoom Apps, such as the mobile app or web client. Ensure they are all using the desktop client, version 5.7.3 or higher. 

hello, my name is Steve

Thanks so much Bort,

Although Mentimeter is so much more aesthetically pleasing, we've decided to use zoom polls instead.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @NellyK, thank you for your contributions to the Zoom Community! 

If you found @Bort reply helpful, please mark it as Accept as Solution so that others may easily find your discussion 🙂

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Kevin0912
Listener

Although I'm new to authoring quizzes so it could be me doing something wrong but my problem with Zoom Polls/Quizzes is the reporting of results.  

• They are not very easy to show participants their success... sometimes comes up showing incorrect answers on their sent reports, whereas on my report it shows they've answered correctly
  • The reports are very detailed but not easy to grade when on the fly during a meeting
  • Is there something different I can do to show better/easier results
  • Alternatively, is there a much easier app to install to create and show quizzes/polls and their results from within Zoom without coming out of the main sharing screen