cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom link for research study

slangwake
Listener

We're planning to embed a Zoom link in a "click to join" button to a recurring weekly presentation to potential participants in a nationwide research study. 

1. What are best practices to embedding the link to our "join" button?

2. For those who click on it any other time than the meeting time, is there a field/option/message to say: Please click the join button up to 10 minutes before the meeting day and time (or similar)?

Thank you!

Scott

10 REPLIES 10

RonEmerson
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Scott, I hope you are well... I am a little confused by the question.  Do you want to have the link in your calendar or do you have a specific site/ application you want the on-going zoom link embedded into?

Thanks for your reply, Ron. This will be a link on a website (https://preventabletrial.org/home.cfm), inviting people to a recurring, weekly Zoom meeting regarding participation in a research study. Most attendees will be 70+ so we're shooting for maximum intuitiveness. We'd like to use a "Click here to join" button on the site, which "links/connects" to the Zoom meeting link. 

RonEmerson
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Thank you for the clarification... We can do that.  You would use our API/SDK and you can embed the button into your website.   I don't know if you have any internal engineering capabilities?    Here is the link you would use to get the integration kit.  Let me know if this covers what you need.  . I can look at other alternatives as well. https://devsupport.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060333111-How-to-embed-Zoom-into-a-website

slangwake
Listener

Hi, Ron. Thanks for the info. We have the link behind our "join meeting" on our test website, but a couple questions on how it'll work. This will be a link on a website that we're directing older adults (>75) to so they can hit the "join meeting" button on a set day/time each week to learn more about a research study. Is there a way to get around them needing to enter a Meeting ID and Passcode? If so, how? If not, do we then post that on the site with the "join meeting" button? We're trying to not have the meeting details open to anyone who finds the site. Would Plan B be to email them the ID and Passcode? Thanks for your help!

Scott

RonEmerson
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Scott, I hope things are well... I'm going to get an engineer to answer specifics.  From my view yes, you'd just use a specifc meeting link but I want to make sure since API/SDK's are involved.. .I'll have one reply.  

Thank you, Ron! If that can happen this week, that would be great; appreciate your expertise and input.

RonEmerson
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Thanks Scott.. I am getting info from an engineer.  I'll get back ASAP.   If we don't find the answer here I'll get your contact info and we can connect via email to make sure you get what you need.  

RonEmerson
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Scott,  Let's connect directly so we can get you the support you need. Please reply to this post with your permission to contact you directly via email.   Please don't share your email on here.  I will retrieve it from our admin team once I receive your written consent   Ron

Sounds good, Ron. Yes, you have my permission to contact me directly via email.

RonEmerson
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Thank you!  I'll email now!  Ron