cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue joining Zoom Webinar from Microsoft Teams Room

arysyth
Listener

I m working on getting a Microsoft Teams Rooms device to join a Zoom Webinar. it joins normal zoom meetings fine but this particular webinar just throws the generic "404" however if the same link is opened on a normal windows device it pulled up fine. is there a way to disable direct guest join for webinar's?

2 REPLIES 2

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @arysyth,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Meetings and Webinars use the same join link to reach the Zoom servers for Meetings and Webinars. The only thing I can think of is if the host enabled authentication requirements for the Webinar in question. Some Zoom Rooms can join Webinars as a panelist when invited to a Webinar, so I would assume that MTR rooms have similar settings, but that would be a question for Microsoft. From everything I am reading in this reference, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/rooms/third-party-join MTR rooms join third party meetings/webinars the same way that Zoom Rooms join third party Video conferencing. Through parsing the join URL in the location field of the event. 

Let me know what you find out, and I can continue this conversation with my team. 

Thanks, 

Brandon 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hello,

from what I can see Authentication (as in logging in with a zoom account) is not required however Registration is turned on. I have not seen anything in Microsoft's for Zoom's documentation on if that has any effect on Direct Guest Join with MTR.

Our MTR can join Zoom meetings perfectly fine using the zoom link like you mention, performance is a little slow, but it is manageable.