cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Events Breakout Rooms : Can not assign someone when they join through the web portal.

ATapia
Listener

Hi,

Zoom Events seems to be having issues with assigning individuals into breakout rooms. When setting up breakout rooms during the live meeting, we also like to manually assign people to the room they need to be in.  

However, we've noticed that there is always a handful of people who do not show up on the list to be assigned and are unable to assign them to a room overall. Trend seems to be that people who join the meeting via the WEB PORTAL can NOT be assigned to a room. 

The people who joined the meeting via the web portal still can NOT be assigned even when we set to "automatically assign" attendees into random groups.

I know this has been an issue that other users have experienced, but I'm not seeing any posts about it which is very surprising!

I hope we can fix this glitch soon as interactive breakout rooms are a major component to all our events!

Thank you,

Aileen

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @ATapia , thank you for posting for the first time! Let me do some digging and see if I can assist in getting you an answer.  In the meantime, I welcome any experts out there to chime in with a helpful response or proposed solution. 

I know @ZoomTestKitchen and @DeniseLahat are Zoom Events experts, maybe they have an idea 🙂

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am new to the community and pleased to see how quickly you responded. It is great that you express honesty about your knowledge base but still wiling to research. Great Customer Service!

Dr. Apple 🙂 

SO glad to hear that! After doing a little bit of research, I found that currently the Breakout Room feature is not supported for attendees who join the Zoom Event via the web client. If the Zoom event web client user joins a Breakout room or is assigned to the Breakout room, the host will not see the user in the assigned list. However, I do believe this is on our roadmap! Please follow us at http://blog.zoom.us and our release notes https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/201214205-Release-Notes for new product and feature announcements. I apologize for this current inconvenience! 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Suggested workaround is to ask participants to log out of the session and rejoin via the zoom client.