cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Conference - breakout

KathrynMayo
Listener

Hi hive mind, 

after my last post, I've had a bit of a play and I think I'm getting the hang of this Zoom events thing!

We have a conference in two weeks and we've finalised the programme.  I have a couple of questions though:

1. We have two points in the conference where we have multiple sessions going on at the same time. 

- I've just created three different sessions at 11.30 so I'm guessing people will just join the room they want to attend from the lobby? 

- Can everyone see how many people are in the room or is that hidden for delegates?

2. We have a session where the speaker wants to put participants into a breakout room.  When I've started a practice, I don't have the option for breakout.  Does it matter whether I've picked Webinar or Meeting? 

3. How do people join the practice sessions?  Do they just join the lobby and then join their session once I've started the practice? 

If anyone in the UK wants to help host this, I would love you forever!!!

1 REPLY 1

DanaCSM
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hey Kathryn,

glad to hear you're getting the hang of Zoom Events! 😃

To your questions:

1. Yes, correct! Your participants can just join the room they'd like to attend from the lobby directly. You can also see more info HERE on what that experience is like for the attendee. Attendee's will not be able to see how many participants are in the respective rooms. 

2. Breakout rooms are only available in Meetings. Feel free to see a more detailed step by step guide on how to set this up HERE.

3. So the practise session is only available for the Host/Panelist of Webinars (Meetings does not have this available). Panelists should just be able to join the practise session using the panelist link they have received from the host of the webinar.  You can see more information on this HERE.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 😊

Best regards,

Dana