You're invited to Zoomtopia 2022! Our annual user conference will take place in the Americas on November 8-9 and in APAC, Japan, and EMEA on November 17.Learn more about our hybrid event experience
Everything you need to work together, all in one place.Explore Zoom One's Collaboration Tools
Connect virtually from anywhere with Zoom Meetings
Collaborate together with Zoom Chat
Call the world with Zoom Phone
Create and brainstorm with Zoom Whiteboard
Rich conversation analytics to improve sales
Send and receive messages and calendar invitations
Bring fluid interactions to hybrid teams with Zoom Huddles
Innovative video solutions for every meeting space.
Bring meeting spaces online with Zoom Rooms
Conference Room Connector links existing rooms to Zoom
Innovative solutions for every space
Solutions to host impactful virtual and hybrid experiences.Find a Solution for Every Event
Host hybrid and virtual events with Zoom Events
Elevate your brand with single session events powered by Zoom Sessions
Broadcast at scale with Zoom Webinars
Host and attend classes, group events, and more OnZoom
An omnichannel cloud solution optimized for video.
Engage customers with Zoom Contact Center
Deliver intelligent support with conversational AI
Zoom solutions elevate collaboration across vertical use cases.Discover Zoom Industry Solutions
Enabling exciting new ways to teach, learn, and connect globally
Transforming client engagement and employee experiences
Improving collaboration between agencies, ministries and constituents
Connecting care, collaboration, and medical innovation
Real-time communication, anywhere in the world
Bridging the in-store and online experiences
Expert support and services for all your design, strategy, implementation, event, and hardware needs.
Flexible subscription plans for hardware
An open platform that allows developers to build Zoom apps and integrations.
Explore over 1,500 apps in Zoom App Marketplace
Documentation for building on Zoom's platform using APIs, Webhooks, and SDKs
Resources that help developers evaluate & build with our solutions
Post your questions and get help from our developer community
Zoom Partners bring Zoom's communications platform to market through alliance, sales, and service partnerships.
Explore Zoom's technology ecosystem
Find a trusted Partner
Learn about Zoom's Partner Programs
Access marketing & sales resources
Login to the Partner Portal and click 'Learn'
Discover new ways to use Zoom solutions to power your modern workforce.
Access expert-led tutorials on Zoom products and features.
Network with other Zoom users, and share your own product and industry insights.
Get documentation on deploying, managing, and using the Zoom platform.
Keep your Zoom client up to date to access the latest features.Download Center
Download hi-res images and animations to elevate your next Zoom meeting.Browse Backgrounds
2022-09-07 02:37 AM
Hi hive mind,
after my last post, I've had a bit of a play and I think I'm getting the hang of this Zoom events thing!
We have a conference in two weeks and we've finalised the programme. I have a couple of questions though:
1. We have two points in the conference where we have multiple sessions going on at the same time.
- I've just created three different sessions at 11.30 so I'm guessing people will just join the room they want to attend from the lobby?
- Can everyone see how many people are in the room or is that hidden for delegates?
2. We have a session where the speaker wants to put participants into a breakout room. When I've started a practice, I don't have the option for breakout. Does it matter whether I've picked Webinar or Meeting?
3. How do people join the practice sessions? Do they just join the lobby and then join their session once I've started the practice?
If anyone in the UK wants to help host this, I would love you forever!!!
2022-09-07 06:29 AM
glad to hear you're getting the hang of Zoom Events! 😃
To your questions:
1. Yes, correct! Your participants can just join the room they'd like to attend from the lobby directly. You can also see more info HERE on what that experience is like for the attendee. Attendee's will not be able to see how many participants are in the respective rooms.
2. Breakout rooms are only available in Meetings. Feel free to see a more detailed step by step guide on how to set this up HERE.
3. So the practise session is only available for the Host/Panelist of Webinars (Meetings does not have this available). Panelists should just be able to join the practise session using the panelist link they have received from the host of the webinar. You can see more information on this HERE.
Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 😊