What's New at Zoom? Join our upcoming webinar to get you a first-hand look into some of our exciting new product and feature releases.

Register Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What video editing software to use for downloaded webinar?

Caroline4G
Listener

Hi, company policy is to delete webinars after 3 months so I always have to download them. This gives me separate files for the video and transcript. Can anyone recommend video editing software to piece them back together and, ideally, make the transcript searchable so I can then upload them to our internal file sharing system? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Caroline4G! Sorry you haven't received a response to your question yet. Have you tried using iMovie? 

GreenMeeting_ca
Listener

Late to the party, Caroline, sorry. FWIW, we use Davinci Resolve (Version 17)

Still figuring out the best workflow (since we now have many more recording options that in the recent past)

Cheers,

George

Greenmeeting.ca

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

Caroline4G
Listener

Thanks both. I have used iMovie but not sure it will give me a searchable transcript so will look into it. Thanks for the DaVinci tip - will also take a look at that.

Thanks

Caroline

Happy to help.

Davinci btw has a feature that allows you to add a transcript file to a video as a closed captioning overlay.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

ervinjason
Listener

After saving the recorded video you can use any editing tool to edit your videos. Since I am a big smartphone user, I do almost everything on my Phone. I use Alight Motion MOD APK. video editing app to edit videos.

Firstly, I conducted an online session and recorded it for future use. After the session I just put the video into the editing tool and cut the part that had any issues. I hope it will help you in any way.