cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar

MichelleM
Listener

Hi all - I am a newbie to Zoom Webinars.  I participated in one last week.  I have asked for the recording and the data as it was for an AGM and voting was involved.  Can someone advise if a host or user can edit the raw data before sending it to the attendees?  How can I ascertain if it is original data or manipulated?  How long does it take to have the video recording available for attendees?  It has been a week and they are saying it isn't available yet.  Any advice would be appreciated.  MichelleM

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Cloud recordings can take up to 24 hours to process depending on the recording per Support Documentation.

The host or third party can edit cloud recordings if the host has third party editing enabled for the cloud recording. To my knowledge, there is no way to tell if a recording has been edited or not. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, Can they edit the data - i.e. adjust votes, chat box, delete questions etc?  Are you in Australia?  Are these files date and time stamped so we can determine if they are original?

YaBoiB

Hello @MichelleM ,

I am not in Australia, I am in the U.S. I would not be able to answer whether they would or could do those things to a recording. I apologize. You would have to ask the host of the webinar or meeting that supplied you with the recording if the meeting was edited in any way. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

@MichelleM ,

This support article shows all of the Zoom recording layouts that you can choose for a recording. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360025561091-Recording-layouts

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

Thanks Brandon, unfortunately for me it is the host that is likely to edit the data to get the results he wants!!  😞

YaBoiB

Hi Michelle, 

I do not think that Zoom software was designed to be voter software. That said, you can check on our Marketplace.zoom.us and see if we have an integration with voter software that is on the market today. We have over 2,000 integrations to date. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion