cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar - side by side with presenter video & presentation for all attendees (as a default mode)

groupecapitole
Listener

Hello

I would like to organize a webinar - which will be mostly myself presenting a powerpoint, and answering a few questions.
I would like to make sure that all the attendees see the same thing: a split screen with on one side the document I am presenting and on the other side the video feed of myself.

I searched the support but did not manage to find any clear answer on how to do that.
Can someby help me out?

Many many thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

crissyd
Participant | Zoom Employee

@groupecapitole Side-by-side: Speaker for the Attendee View is only available when you're sharing your screen that's why you can't see it in the options.

Also, when sharing screen, you can change the video layout by clicking Participants then More. Scroll down to Attendee View and select Side-by-side: Speaker.

crissyd_0-1688693128374.png

Let me know if it worked!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

crissyd

@groupecapitole During you practice session, make sure to adjust your video layout by clicking View then select Speaker for My View (host view) and Side-by-side: Speaker for the Attendee View.

crissyd_0-1688576929760.png

Attendees will be able to view the shared screen on the left hand side, and see the speaker on the right hand side of the screen.

crissyd_1-1688577235360.png

I hope this helps.

When I go to view, I don't have "side-by-side: speaker" as an option.  how do I get that option?

eciancio_0-1693340639845.png

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

The Side-by-Side options only show when screen sharing is in progress.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

TY!!

crissyd

@eciancio Side-by-side: Speaker for the Attendee View is only available when you're sharing your screen that's why you can't see it in the options.

Also, when sharing screen, you can change the video layout by clicking Participants then More. Scroll down to Attendee View and select Side-by-side: Speaker.

crissyd_0-1693340842608.png

TY!  that is not clear in the instructions.  I see it now.

groupecapitole
Listener

Hey - thanks so much for taking the time.

I have tried what you said and bumped into 2 challenges:

- when not sharing anything, the view menu does not offer the side by side option (see screenshot)

groupecapitole_0-1688629278123.png

- when sharing a screen, I cannot find the view menu...

Many many thanks for your support

crissyd

@groupecapitole Side-by-side: Speaker for the Attendee View is only available when you're sharing your screen that's why you can't see it in the options.

Also, when sharing screen, you can change the video layout by clicking Participants then More. Scroll down to Attendee View and select Side-by-side: Speaker.

crissyd_0-1688693128374.png

Let me know if it worked!

Ray_Harwood

Excellent answer, @crissyd.  It took me months to figure this out, though I suspect part of that time, it wasn’t even in the Participants -> More menu. The only way I could do it was either log in on another machine as Co-Host, or enable Dual Monitors. So happy now that many switches are available in multiple places!

crissyd

Thanks, @Ray_Harwood ! Made me think too. Then I remembered that I enabled dual monitors (and I believe most only use one) so it's easier for me to see some controls/buttons.😁 

I am testing and I see the side by side choice, i enable it but it still is only showing the ppt, not the side by side ppt and speaker video.  What am I doing wrong?

Ray_Harwood

@eciancio, be sure to note that the Host/Co-Hosts will have two sets of side-by-side options, one for yourself individually, and one under the Attendees View menu heading. If you are setting the one for Attendees, you have to be logged in (on another device, on another account) as an attendee to see the effect. 

I was signed in as a speaker and on my ipad as an attendee and it did not show any differently as an attendee.

Ray_Harwood

As a speaker, you can’t affect the attendee’s view. Only a Host/Co-Host can do this. When done by someone with Host privileges, it affects all attendees uniformly. 

Sorry, misspoke.  I am the host, signed in as host.  Still not working.  I was signed in as an attendee on my ipad to see what it looked like.  I wish it would work, but it isn't.

groupecapitole
Listener

Thanks so much @crissyd - it worked! 🙏