cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webinar: Turning Attendee into Panellist

DavidNewGround
Listener

Hi,

We want to host a webinar during which we want to involve the attendees in our discussions. To ensure quality interaction, we also want to be able to see (video on) the attendee who will be speaking. This means the attendee has to be given Panellist rights.

During a webinar we tried this, but got error code 3041. I entered the webinar as attendee and my colleague was host. She could invite me to become panellist, I got the invitation on my screen, but when I clicked to accept, nothing happened and my colleague got the error code.

The Zoom articles to support in this only speak about making attendees panellist before the webinar starts, but not how during webinars.

Your advice would be highly appreciated!

Best,

David

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @DavidNewGround, welcome to the Zoom Community and thank you for posting for the first time!

I am sorry to hear that you have been bumping into error 3041 when promoting participants to be a panelist.

The error code 3041 occurs when a user tries to promote an email address to the panelist role that is already reserved for the alternate host role. This conflict arises because the alternate host role requires joining with a unique link, but in this case, the user joined using a regular attendee link.

To prevent this issue from happening again, alternative hosts should always use their unique link to join instead of the general attendee link. Alternatively, you can remove the user from the alternate host list, allowing them to join as an attendee and be promoted without any conflicts.

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Please click Accept as Solution if you found this reply helpful. Thank you!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?