cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prerequisites for webinar?

ATTI43
Listener

Hi community!

How much bandwidth is necessary to host a webinar for about 100 viewers? Is a fiber optic cable with 50 Mbit/s enough? How do you calculate that? I don't need video feed or audio from the participants, only chat.

And how does it work exactly? Do the participants connect directly to my internet connection, or are they hosted by Zoom? So, do the users get their video feed directly from me, or from the Zoom servers?

Thanks in advance, Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

Here is a link to the Zoom support site. This link discusses the bandwidth requirements for different scenarios.

The users are connecting to the Zoom server, not to you directly.  In order to host you need to have good upload and good download speed and hopefully low latency. I suggest you use a wired ethernet connection whenever possible. 

You may want to do a pretest of your network bandwidth at a site like fast.com

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux#h_d... 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Frank_TB

Hello,

Here is a link to the Zoom support site. This link discusses the bandwidth requirements for different scenarios.

The users are connecting to the Zoom server, not to you directly.  In order to host you need to have good upload and good download speed and hopefully low latency. I suggest you use a wired ethernet connection whenever possible. 

You may want to do a pretest of your network bandwidth at a site like fast.com

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-Zoom-system-requirements-Windows-macOS-Linux#h_d... 

ATTI43
Listener

Thank you Frank, this helped a lot!