cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to end a webinar for participants and keep it open for panelists?

slafave
Listener

I am looking for a way to host a webinar with a number of panelists and allow for a "debrief" or ending conversation for the panelists without participants being able to stay on and listen. Perhaps an "end for participants" or going back to the "practice session" type of situation.

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @slafave 

Unfortunately, there is nothing like that available for webinars yet

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @slafave 

Keep an eye out for the "Backstage" feature coming to Webinar soon.

Rupert

Is that coming in 2022? It's a desperately needed feature. 

I agree and have been waiting. 

LiveOnlineEvent
Listener

For me, this would be the biggest improvement that could be made to Zoom webinar. It always feels quite blunt to end the webinar for everyone including the team that has worked so hard to make a good online event. Speakers just need a moment with each other to share their excitement.

Yes, and we sometimes are hosting someone from outside the company as a panelist and want to thank them and have a short chat, but can't. It's an abrupt way to end things in webinars.

dbroxton
Listener

It seems they enabled the Backstage feature last week. I didn't get a notice, but just found it when I ran a Google search: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4710004999693-Enabling-Webinar-Backstage#:~:text=Zoom%20We...

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm setting it up right now. 

It helps to read thoroughly: This feature will not be immediately available, as it is dependent on a backend server update currently scheduled for April 17, 2022