cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting a pre-recorded webinar

meatherik
Listener

I have two questions regarding hosting a pre-recorded webinar:

1. I will be sharing a video which will include slides (text + image) as well as a demo of on-screen software - should I disable the Optimize Video feature when building the Zoom event?
  2. I want attendees to only see the pre-recorded content on their screen and not the avatars of me and my co-host (we will be on mute and cameras off until the very end) - how can I do this? Having the avatars of us show up on screen takes away screen real estate and I want attendees to focus on the video. 

2 REPLIES 2

SEMJMC
Attendee

Hi --

1.  I always select "Optimize Video" whenever I am showing video content - from my computer or an offsite presenter's.  I ran two programs with a live intro (me and speaker on camera), followed by prerecorded PowerPoint presentations, followed again by live Q&A session.  The Optimize setting did not seem to cause any issues with this setup.

2.  There is a setting in the in-webinar Video Settings called "Hide non-video participant" (or something like that).  That should hide your avatars while you're running your content.  Keep in mind that you might see your avatar on your presentation screen, even if the audience does not.  I like to log in on my laptop as an attendee, to see their view, as well.

3.  One thing I learned the hard way:  Don't forget that your computer is  active while it's running the prerecorded video, so the audience can see any actions you make with your mouse or any windows you open outside your recording.  I like to use an alternative host in this case.  He can run the video from his computer, in case I need to share files with the audience, etc. 

Good luck!

lauralcee
Listener

@meatherik wrote:

I have two questions regarding hosting a pre-recorded webinar:

1. I will be sharing a video which will include slides (text + image) as well as a demo of on-screen software for Belize Property - should I disable the Optimize Video feature when building the Zoom event?
  2. I want attendees to only see the pre-recorded content on their screen and not the avatars of me and my co-host (we will be on mute and cameras off until the very end) - how can I do this? Having the avatars of us show up on screen takes away screen real estate and I want attendees to focus on the video. 

Is it possible? As i have recording session of my real estate businesses which i want to share with any new internee but every time i have to give them proper detailed session.