cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have 450 people registered for a once a week meeting that I want to convert to a webinar

DukeofTeluride
Listener

We've had a huge response to our AI MEETING for Career Center professional where we are featuring a different AI expert each week of July to discuss strategies they could use generative AI to provide scalable career and professional development to students.  However with 450 people registered for the meeting, I'm worried about issues of attendees opening microphones and other ways that large of a meeting will cause, so we would like to convert it to a webinar.  I realize you can convert, but every time I click to convert, nothing happens.  Can you convert a reoccurring MEETING to a reoccurring WEBINAR?    If not, do you know what the cost is to add additional seats for a meeting.  If 60 percent show up, we should be fine to stay below our 300 biz limit.  Thanks for feedback

3 REPLIES 3

joshbrage_ZE
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

Hi @DukeofTeluride sounds like a great use case for Webinar. Do you have a Zoom Webinar license? Yes, you are able to convert a recurring meeting to a recurring webinar as long as you have a Zoom Webinar license. We do also have Large Meeting add-ons available for 500 or 1,000 participants. Talk to your Zoom administrator!

Finally, while that is a large audience for a meeting, there are some nice ways to manage an audience of that size, including Focus Mode and Security features that prevent participants from unmuting during your more crucial moments. Good luck and let us all know what you decide to do!

DukeofTeluride
Listener

Josh - thanks that is reassuring to hear.  Love the suggestion for Focus Mode as I was concerned with 400 faces showing on screen.  I have a pro business license. A couple more questions.  First assuming we don't convert the meeting to a webinar.  I will have one featured presenter per each of the four meetings. 1)  Is there a way to assign them as a cohost prior to the meeting, or do I have to have them enter the meeting and then elevate them to a cohost or host?  Always concerned about them arriving late and being hard to find among 300 others that had arrived.  I also like that I can permanently mute people and not allow them to unmute.  2) is the global "never let them unmute option" under Advanced - Security? 3) Will people get an email reminder of the event the day before?  4) If I want to send a reminder email, is there a way I can send them a link to the meeting.  NOW on to the WEBINAR question 1) I tried adding it but it never shows up in pending plans so I can purchase. and 2) I've filled in the sales form twice and never got a call!  Thanks for the feedback Josh, we are nervous and want to get this right

joshbrage_ZE
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

(1) Yes you can add separate speakers as alt-hosts. (Using Zoom Events/Sessions would allow you to add them as visible speakers for those sessions.

(2) Yes in the security panel of your meeting

(3) Email reminders are only available with Zoom Webinar, Sessions or Events.

(4) You're welcome to email a link 

Please reach out via our chatbot on zoom.us and we can get you setup with Zoom Webinars!