cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-host edit webinar description and registration

cbrades
Listener

Hello, 
I have a webinar set up but the co-host want access to edit the details of the meeting. Is this possible or does the webinar licensee have to do all of the editing?

2 REPLIES 2

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @cbrades.

When you say “details of the meeting”, there are plenty of things that hosts and co-hosts can both do to control the meeting, like mute, stop a participants video, rename them, etc. The only real “meeting details” there is to be edited is the Meeting Title, accessible from the green shield icon in the upper left corner. 

For the Meeting Title... I actually had to run a quick test to get the answer!

The answer appears to be No.  After starting the Webinar and adding one Co-Host, only the Host of the Webinar can edit the name of the Webinar. 

And to your further point about is it only the Webinar Licensee who can make the change.  I tested this too... and I was quite surprised!  I had the Host grant the Co-Host host permission, which you might know removes any Host or Co-Host permission from the "original host" who gave it up.  Much to my surprise, the "new Host" was not able to edit the Webinar name... but the original Host - who is now not event a Co-Host - can still edit the Webinar name.  I confirmed the name change over on the newly assigned Hosts green shield.

I'll have to share this with my Zoom buddies!  Thanks for the challenging questions!!

If your question involves other areas, please give me some additional details of what they want to edit. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Wai-WENDY

Such an interesting discovery!