cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEU's for Zoom Webinars / Meetings

bdavis
Listener

Hey all, we often produce elearning courses that generate CEU's. We've been asked to see if we can do this in Zoom, but I can't find any simple solutions for verifying attendance attention and CEU generation.

Most of our elearning is hosted on Teachable which does this automatically, but I was curious how people do this in Zoom.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

4 REPLIES 4

zipsilver
Listener

I have the exact same question.  I need to present Customized CE certificates as proof of attendance automatically based on attendees list and send them (PDF) automatially in a follow-up email at end of course.  (Healthcare in USA)

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @bdavis and @zipsilver.

Unfortunately there is no definitive way to prove who attended a Zoom Meeting or Webinar.  Even with Registration and Authentication Required, registration can be done without logging in to a Zoom account, there are loopholes:  You have to register with a valid Zoom account email address, but the received Join link at that address can be sent to another Zoom user, who can log into Zoom, click the Join link, and enter the meeting... and Zoom will put in the attendee's display name the name entered on the original registration form.

The best security is provided by the Zoom Events platform.  While this is perhaps a bit more expensive, if you're really concerned about "substitute attendees", it's worth exploring.  Attendance at a Zoom Event (or its companion product Zoom Sessions) requires the user to whom the ticket is issued be the person logged in when the ticket is accessed.  This still doesn't prevent Joe from logging in, signing in, then handing the keyboard over to Ralph, but who can detect that?

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

zipsilver
Listener

I am going to reask the question win an attempt to better clarify the ask...

I'm looking for functionaity that sends CE certificates customized with attendees name at the end of the webinar in a follow-up email.

Ray_Harwood

Hey, @zipsilver.  I’m quite sure this is not a functionality available in Zoom now, and in my opinion doesn’t seem like it would be the sort of thing they would do in the future. 

But you might check the Zoom Marketplace to see if any third party add-ons can do this. That’s where you’re more likely to find this sort of thing. 
https://marketplace.zoom.us 

I did this search which produced a couple of candidates:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/search?q=Certificate 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !